Rain again...Just enough to stop work

organic_kitten(8)July 23, 2014

I waited until late to go out and work because it was hot and DH is always afraid I will kill myself...he sits under air all the time, so the heat hurts him more than me. anyway I just had time to Move Cerulean Warbler to a much better site, and dig up three more plants that are leaving when the light rain that had started became too heavy to stay out in. Making progress but have a long way to go...but it is so wonderful to be able to work in the garden again.
kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

Yeah, I waited til later to go out to work in the garden. Just as I put my hand on the doorknob, there was a huge clap of thunder. So far, that is all it has amounted to, all noise & no rain.
I'm so glad to see you back, Kay!

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 7:13PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks, Nancy

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 7:25PM
nat4b(4)

Ah rain, so good. We really need one here. You did quite a bit today! I was so lazy didn't even finish liveheading, and only watered a few.
ETA (ooh first time editing here ;))
Kay, which ones are you eliminating and why? I am looking for 'inspiration' to help me decide what should leave.

This post was edited by nat4b on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 23:19

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 11:14PM
shive(6b TN)

I'm glad you got some work in, despite the heat. I did some weeding and watering for nearly 4 hours early this morning. I'm glad I watered because somehow that big storm system that passed by only left a few drops of water in my yard. I'm looking forward to a cooler day tomorrow.

Debra

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 12:32AM
Julia NY(6)

We had two days of hot and humid weather, storms rolled in yesterday and today it feels like a fall day. So nice and cool and will stay this way till Sunday when another storm system will be rolling in.
Julia

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 4:54PM
organic_kitten(8)

Good to have rain, sorry Debra that you missed it. They are predicting another of the cool weather periods next week. It is unbelievable to have two sets of cool, comfortable weather in July here. I am glad to see it because I am busily reworking my daylilies. I have several friends and a couple of forum friends I am sending plants too, so no guilt about taking them out.
kay

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
naming a daylily
I have a few nice seedlings here but none that I would...
marricgardens
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
Trying multiple pics
This is an experiment to see if I can insert muliple...
sherrygirl zone5
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™