Heuchera "Autumn Leaves"

tepelus z6a SW MISeptember 5, 2012

This plant has been slow to establish, but now it is doing really well, and the new leaves are nice and bright (you can see them just underneath the old ones in the center). Love it! The colors really do remind me of the color of leaves in autumn.

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dgregory_so.cntrl.IL_zone6a

Ah, beautiful, Karen!
I've moved mine from a place that I was advised didn't seem to drain enough. In the new location I'm hoping it will grow up to look like yours some day. For right now, I'm happy with a little new growth.

Deb

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 12:20PM

Decided to pot up my struggling Autumn Leaves to control sun light and water. Since doing so there are new baby leaves. Poor thing wants to grow, so maybe there's a chance it'll survive the Winter and so better next year!

Deb

Bookmark   September 14, 2012 at 2:55PM
hostared(Z5, IL)

This is one of my favorites. I've had two for two years and they are beautiful. All mine in the Midwest get full sun at some time of the day. I've found that they do very well in containers. Especially when you have a large enough one that will hold 3 of different colors and textures. Deb yours will look great next year. There is alot of new growth going on.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 3:05PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I did some rearranging of my photobucket pics and it appears they are not showing in the above posts anymore. Here is a fresh pic taken around Oct 12.

Deb

Bookmark   October 18, 2012 at 7:05PM
fredmcr(5b Ontario)

Karen - sometimes we spend so much time concentrating on the heuchera, we forget to look at what is surrounding it. Although your photograph of your "Autumn Leaves" is great, your surrounding garden sets it off beautifully. The moss is beautiful - well done.

Fred

Bookmark   January 29, 2013 at 6:03PM
More Discussions
Heuchera I.D. Please
Can someone tell me the name of the heuchera in the...
cakbu
Some new ones today...
I'm still going nuts over heucheras! Here are some...
flower_frenzy
New Heuchera, fall sale, part 2!
Two more of the 4 clearance heuchera I got. This one...
sherrygirl zone5
Blooming in winter?
Three of my heuchera are putting out flower spikes....
cakbu
trying to find a few heucheras I had
I used to have a ton of heucheras, but the wonderful...
alyciaadamo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™