Tiarella 'Mystic Mist'

tepelus z6a SW MISeptember 5, 2012

This plant has struggled ever since I got it about three years ago. There have been times I thought it would die on me, but I never gave up on it. Last summer I potted it up and somehow I lost track of it. This spring I found it and was surprised that it was actually doing well in the pot. The mild winter probably helped it to survive. This year it is starting to look like something. I think I finally found a sweet garden spot for it because it continues to grow, though slowly. In the spring the leaves will be pink with white misting.

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tepelus z6a SW MI

Getting bigger and a little more colorful. I will post a spring picture next year.

Karen

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 10:24PM
Cher(6 SW OH)

It's really a neat looking plant Karen. Looks like you are the one trying to keep this forum going. It's a shame that it's not been active. I was afraid of that. Don't give up, maybe next Spring more people will get involved.
Cher

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 6:20AM
tepelus z6a SW MI

Thanks for looking. Yeah, I'm trying, a little. And I haven't even ventured much in my gardens this year. Right now my heucheras are getting in some fresh, colorful leaves. Some are still just sitting there. I look forward to see how Mystic Mist will look next spring, that's if nothing happens to it between now and then.

Karen

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 9:25AM
rosie742001(z5Oregon)

Seeing your picture makes me want to try Mystic Mist again! I tried it once before, but had no luck with it. But I might give it another try in a pot on my back deck which gets morning sun (when we have it ) all winter long.

Bookmark   October 17, 2012 at 7:08PM
More Discussions
Why don't my heucheras thrive?
I like them so much, but I'm becoming disillusioned...
sandyslopes z5 northern UT
This forum moves slower than a snail on sleeping pills!
Yup, exactly..Doesn't anyone have anything to share...
meyermike_1micha
Some new ones today...
I'm still going nuts over heucheras! Here are some...
flower-frenzy
New Heuchera, fall sale, part 2!
Two more of the 4 clearance heuchera I got. This one...
sherrygirl zone5
Rose Hill Gardens
For All You Heuchera Lovers near Hobart WI,,,, Rose...
newhostaaddict
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™