Deni Jar-vac?

gardenman101(Z6 Spingfield, Ma)February 7, 2013

I was watching a video on youtube about a woman from LDS I think her name was Wendy Dewitt. Well anyways she uses regular jars (speggetti suace, jelly, etc.) with a deni jar-vac, which sounds like a good idea (considering the amount of jars we go through every week) I was wondering if anyone knew where to pick one up? The company im assuming discontinued makeing them.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

That specific brand/model, no, I don't although the company is still in business so they may be able to guide you to one. A Google search for it pulls up all sorts of negative reviews about it so perhaps that is why it is no longer made.

But Foodsaver makes a good jar vacuum system that has been discussed here several times in the past. Of course you first have to buy the base unit.

Dave

Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 4:12PM
eircsmith

I have watched this video and really it sound like good idea.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 1:42AM
gardenman101(Z6 Spingfield, Ma)

Thanks Dave.
I did get ahold of the company and they really wernt any help at all. I have the FoodSaver vac. and love it. I use it on my mason jars allthough I havnt gotten the small mouth jar sealer yet. I was just hoping to use the assorted non-mason jars as well. I guess Ill have to pick up some oxegyn absorbers if i want to use theese jars. From the video that DeWitt has it just sounded like a good idea.

Bookmark   February 13, 2013 at 9:54PM
gardenman101(Z6 Spingfield, Ma)

Ok I now have the small mouth jar attachment for the foodsaver and a small supply of oxegyn absorbers for non-mason jars. Next question has to do with dehydrators and instead of new post i figured id ask here. Has anyone tried the "STX DEHYDRA 1200W - XLS 10 TRAY COMMERCIAL 100% STAINLESS FOOD DEHYDRATOR"? for the price it seems nice. I was leaning toward the excaliber one then I saw this one. If I remember correctly it was made in the USA. I have a cheap one someone gave me, but the problem is after a while the plastic trays get brittle and crack and break. I figured if Im going to buy one i might as well go semi top of the line and not have to worry about them. Any input would be appreciated. TY

Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 9:07PM
trampart

I have had a wanted post on eBay for the past year. Deni JarVac was only listed a couple of times. They sold well in excess of $100, except last week one was listed for $99 Buy-It-Now and today a new one for $30 Buy-It-Now (I bought it - sorry!).

However, I've created a work around solution for those of you who have the FoodSaver (I got mine for $1).

Get FoodSaver's 3 Vacuum Storage Containers (Amazon). Use them just like the JarVac. I use the large one for my regular canning jars, as I've never been able to get the regular jar sealer to work (although the wide-mouth works like a charm).

Enjoy!

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 8:33AM
More Discussions
New low fat way to make "creamy soup" !!!!!!
I got this from "Cooking Light" Most recipes...
nancyjane_gardener
Canning Bacon ?
I just watched a video on another forum of someone...
scunningham
Best way to process frozen unpeeled tomatoes?
I've got about 50 lbs of frozen tomatoes (packed in...
2ajsmama
Who said this isn't canning season?
We went to Aldi's store because they had a huge sale...
dellr
Is it OK to harvest greens with mildew?
I have some mustard greens covered with white powdery...
donegonegreen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™