Tromboncino-Unlikely source

tomatomike(z7NC)December 28, 2007

Believe it or not, my DW found Tromboncino seeds (Burpee, source Italy, packed for 2008) marked 1/2 price at

Super K-Mart on the 26th! She also found several of our other favorites (not heirlooms) as well, which will save us postage. I had been offered seeds by zeedman and was waiting for the holiday mail to die down, but now I won't need to do that, though I sincerely appreciate his generosity. If you have a Super-K close by you might want to check them out now. Never know what you might find.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macmex

That's great! I remember when we lived in NJ, every February the A & P grocery store would have seeds for ten cents a packet. Some were very good too.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Bookmark   December 28, 2007 at 10:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin

I'm impressed that Tromboncino is now so widely sold; I have run across quite a few sources in recent years. Not many years ago, the only one carrying it was Pinetree, which was the original source for one of my two strains (SSE is the other).

Maybe it was all the rave reviews here on GW? Most gardeners who have tried it, swear by it. Glad you could find it locally, Mike. ;-)

Those who have read my posts (or my member page) know that I am a big advocate of heirloom preservation. To see one become so popular really gives me hope.

Bookmark   December 28, 2007 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Homestead tomatoes
I don't know if they just don't like me or what, but...
corrigan
best melon for Louisiana - high rainfall
I know there are a lot of postings on "best melons" But...
greenman62
black Siam tomato
I am growing a Black Siam Tomato this year and as with...
barbara97801
Bottle brush seeds
Lady in Spain interested in purchasing bottle brush...
Mary Ellen Lynch - CA
'Pregnant Onion' houseplant
Does anyone have any information on this plant? It...
Val - 8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™