New Bloomers for Thursday

maximus7116(MI)July 24, 2014

DIANA COOKE TUPPENY is a 2014 intro from Curt Hanson. This is the FFO, and later flowers should have a more pronounced watermark, but I love the bright color:

Reliable ORANGE VELVET began its bloom season:

ETERNAL WARRIOR:

Another shot of VANILLA GORILLA, which is starting to show some curls:

NO BOYS ALLOWED:

And I couldn't resist another photo of RASPBERRY FLAMBE because it looked so good with the background of lilies. You'd think I planned it that way!

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
statmam(z6)

Vanilla Gorilla almost has ringlets. Your photos showcase so many wonderful plant combinations (accidental or not). Thanks for sharing them.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 7:23PM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

Beautiful pictures and daylilies. The new Hanson looks awesome... and Vanilla Gorilla is calling my name.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 7:28PM
mantis__oh

What a big bright one is Diana! All look good, but I wonder about Eternal Warrior's performance since it's a Salter. Yes, Raspberry Flambe has the perfect background.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 7:30PM
maximus7116(MI)

Thanks Stat -- the combinations are almost always accidental! I go by the "there's a hole, fill it with a daylily" routine.

Twix, I love both new Hansons from this year. I still have one from 2013 that doesn't look like it will bloom again this year, and I was really excited about that one. I think it's time to move things around a little in the garden. I love the name Vanilla Gorilla, too.

Mantis, I've had Eternal Warrior for years, but it's been partially shaded the entire time I've grown it, so I don't think I can honestly assess its performance.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 8:39PM
organic_kitten(8)

An man, such pretty photos, Chris. I had lost the post, but knew it was here. Raspberry Flambe is beautiful with the lilies, that's for sure. No Boys Allowed is a big beautiful bloom. Love the color on Eternal Warrior. and Diana Cook Tuppeny is a gorgeous color too. I like the edge on it. Orange Velvet and the Bee Balm look beautiful together. this was a beautiful post, Chris.
kay

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:23PM
nat4b(4)

Great FFO on Hanson's new intro. Love the color. Eternal Warrior is pretty. Vanilla Gorilla is very interesting. And I really like Raspberry Flambe - lilies combo!

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 10:14PM
shive(6b TN)

Hooray! No Boys Allowed finally bloomed for you, and it looks fabulous. I like the combos of Orange Velvet with the monarda and Raspberry Flambe with the lilies. The form of Vanilla Gorillas is exquisite, and your new Hanson is quite lovely.

Debra

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 10:19PM
Nancy zone 6

They all look so good! I like the wide open look of DIANA COOKE TUPPENY, but No Boys Allowed is especially gorgeous. That really is a great picture of Raspberry Flambe with the lilies, so pretty.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 10:22PM
maximus7116(MI)

Thanks, Debra and Nan. The blooms on NBA are huge and the scapes are very tall. If the bud count increases, I'll be happy.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
New Grandson is now One Week old
Last Thursday afternoon, a little after 3 pm , Hunter...
daylilydayzed
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™