Rabbit Manure sources in Brooksville/Masarkytown

BrianDorry55June 25, 2013

Hey everyone...I am trying to create my combination of composts for Mel's Mix and I have heard great things about Rabbit manure on this board.

I am lucky enough to be in Spring Hill (first time I've ever said that in my life), which means that I have two direct sources of Rabbit Manure within a 15 minute drive of my house.

I have seen some of you mention the Craigslist source in Brooksville, for those of you that have used this source...how has your experience been?

The other source is in Masaryktown and they run a company called Rabbits, Etc. and "BestBuyWorms"...they sell a product called 100% composted worm manure which uses the Rabbit manure as a base compost.

I don't need two sources of Rabbit manure to build my Mel's Mix so I was wondering if anyone can recommend either of these sources based on their experiences.

Thank you!

- Brian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

The stuff I got was still really wet, maybe it all comes that way but I didn't need to use it all at once and would have preferred that it was dry.

Tom

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 6:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BrianDorry55

That was from the source in Brooksville right Tom? Would you have any concerns about using it that way?

Just an FYI there is a place in Masaryktown that sells composted worm manure than is pretty much worm casting manure made from their rabbit manure...I haven't picked any up yet but it looks like great stuff. $7.50 for 50 lbs. There place is called Rabbits Etc.

- Brian

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Tomato varieties good from now to early summer?
I am in zone 10A or B—can't quite make out where...
pattybee
Mango and Lychee Blooms "fried" by the recent Freeze
Just wanted to vent a little to my fellow mango and...
puglvr1
Mexican Flame Vine
It is conceivable that I've asked this question here...
wisconsitom
Looking for wax jambu and Barbados cherry cuttings
Looking to purchase some cuttings of the following...
poetie
Jungle Growth at Lowes?
Is Lowes no longer carrying Jungle Growth Potting soil?...
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™