have: have pink water liliy keiki

steiconi(12a-Big Island, HI)November 23, 2012

On the Big Island, Mountain View between Hilo and Volcano.

I have lots and lots of small keiki from a gorgeous pink water lily. Don't know the name, but it's quite prolific with growth, flowers, and keiki. My largest one was about 5 feet across this summer (I actually had to keep trimming off the outermost leaves until we built a larger pond), with several flowers at a time. Mature leaves are about 8-10" across, solid green. Young leaves are variegated green and purple-black. The flowers are light pink, and darker at the tips.

I'd like fruiting bushes or trees, unusual flowers, or even just a good story...

Lee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilee

I'm putting together a pond for my cats (indoor patio, heavily screened). I wish I could plant a lily in the pond but it's kind of shady and I don't live on the Big Island...I have calemodin, keffir, an unknown lime that is really prolific, and pomegranate. From seed. Right now, I have several pomegranate in pots and a couple calemodin. I only plant keffir once in a while. Anyway, maybe one day I'll go up to Hawaii or you may come down to Oahu. Good gardening!

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 4:04PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Trade for Lama seedlings on Oahu
I have Lama and Kou seedlings on Oahu and am interested...
johndp8888
WANTED: Strawberries
I am growing strawberries and have lots of flowers...
sincerelysarah
WANTED: endemics
looking for endemic peperomia,biddens,olapa,and native...
hi.rwp
WANTED: looking for
looking for different bananas to grow,starting a collection have...
MissGardner
HAVE: Hawaii native and plynesian intro plant exc
I am propagating over 100 Hawaiian native and Polynesian...
johndp8888
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™