Dragon fruit cuttings

HawaiiFruitGrowerJanuary 25, 2013

My dragon fruit cuttings from my papa are doin just fine, this new growth just came out just a few days ago and is growing fast!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steiconi(12a-Big Island, HI)

thanks for posting that picture! We recently moved our dragon fruit into the greenhouse to keep it dryer, and a couple of the plants looked really beat up. Now I can see that they'll probably do fine!

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 2:10PM
HawaiiFruitGrower

Steiconi, ya your plants should do just fine!! Have mine in the greenhouse to, and it's growing nicely. I noticed a lot of people complaining that when try planted their cuttings, it took months for it to show any sign if growth, well within 2 weeks of me planting my cuttings which I got from papa in the big island these new growth popped out and are growing fast!!

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 1:30PM
HawaiiFruitGrower

Hey everyone! Haven't been on this forum in almost one year. Im more on the TropicalFruit forum. But I just wanted to do an update on my dragon fruit. As you can see from these old pictures and till now how much they grew. And currently they are producing flowers!!

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 12:53AM
HawaiiFruitGrower

Here is a picture of the current flowers atm. They are growing fast. Im praying for a fruit or two.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 12:54AM
randg(11)

What variety of Dragon Fruit do you have? Is it the white flesh or the red?

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 12:25AM
steiconi(12a-Big Island, HI)

mine have gone kinda crazy, doing their best to take over the greenhouse. Had one flower last week, waiting to see if that's a fruit developing!

Randg: There are dozens of different varieties available; I think I acquired at least 4 different ones, but don't know what I have now.

Bookmark   June 25, 2014 at 2:12PM
HawaiiFruitGrower

In the beginning, my plants only have about 4-5 flowers. But they dried out, and recently 8-10 more just started popping out.

Bookmark   June 25, 2014 at 10:24PM
More Discussions
Lava rock
I am curious if the lava rock sold for grill use can...
susanZ9B
Wetland taro in a bucket
Does anyone have experience growing wetland taro in...
Anakaleki
Upcountry Vegetable Gardening Hawaii Island
Finally retired, and ready to start a new vegetable...
volcanovillage
Help ID small tree/bush
It's about 6'tall, 6' wide.
borgf15
Hibiscus group on Big Island?
Anybody know of a Hibiscus group or society or club...
steiconi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™