85 pound Jackfruits .These are the largest tree grown fruits in t

farmfreedomMarch 18, 2006

These are the largest tree grown fruits in the world . Each jack fruit weighs 85 pounds . Where can I buy this giant stain ? I am interested in the most gigantic strains of all fruits and vegetables especially tropical ones.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
strazicich

Hi, I would like to also know if someone can sell me some seeds. I live in American Samoa.

Bookmark   June 18, 2006 at 6:22AM
randg(11)

This is very late reply, but might be helpful to someone else.

Frankie's Nursery has that tree; the one time I was there walking and looking at their many tropical exotic fruit trees, I suddenly heard a loud thump sound, followed by a rushing sound, and then I saw this big yellow-green jackfruit rolling down the hill towards me. Fortunately, it missed me, but it sure was exciting!

They sell those fruit, so what you could do if you are in Oahu is to buy the fruit and save the seed to be planted.

Their site: http://frankiesnursery.com

Bookmark   November 4, 2008 at 4:51AM
farmfreedom

Do you know for sure they weigh 85 pounds?

Bookmark   November 6, 2008 at 4:33PM
randg(11)

I didn't weight it and didn't bother to look closer at it, but they look large. I used to eat this when I was a child in the Philippines and the jackfruit tree was very commonly grown where I lived; some of the fruit does become too large and two people has to carry it. Getting the sweet, yellow flesh out of the fruit is a tedious work--and, which one thing I hated about the fruit, sticky!

Call Frankie's Nusery if they have the strain of jackfruit you wanted, they may have connection of who has it, since they do specialize in tropical fruit trees.

Bookmark   November 7, 2008 at 3:33AM
More Discussions
Kukui tree
I love Kukui trees because they provide a ton of shade,...
notguilty-808
Wetland taro in a bucket
Does anyone have experience growing wetland taro in...
Anakaleki
Lava rock
I am curious if the lava rock sold for grill use can...
susanZ9B
Pepper seeds
I was thinking of ordering some peppers. I live on...
Backfreeze
Anybody still here?
Is Gardenweb dead, or are there still people here?
Axel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™