Everything we buy seems going up

randg(11)March 2, 2009

I was at the store recently and was about to buy another batch of steer manure. Before this, the price was .97 cents, then they told it went way up to above $3! Everything we buy seems going up.

I'm thinking I should stop buying potting soil, too. I should just mix my own with the available free mulch for the public. Anyone here have ways of saving their money on gardening stuff?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

97 cents would have been a promotional price with the 3 dollars being the regular price. If you have a bulk supplier available to you there the per cubic foot rate in bulk is usually much less than when you buy it bagged.

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 2:04PM
randg(11)

hmmmm...I hope you are right. That cashier lady at Home Depot who told me that it would never again be lower than $3.00 sure is a liar. I know about the promotional sale, that's when I usually buy it, but when I asked her directly when is the next one, she said the price won't go down.

Bookmark   March 6, 2009 at 1:46PM
ohiagarden

I look for potting soil etc at home depot. They have what they call "culls". When the bags get ripped or damaged they sell them in a lot for half price. They put them out in the morning.

Bookmark   March 12, 2009 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Is my favourite hawaiian seller gone for good?
Hey guys, I'm just dropping in from the fragrant forum...
fenius
Pepper seeds
I was thinking of ordering some peppers. I live on...
Backfreeze
Vireyas in Hilo
The local chapter of the Rhododendron Society is doing...
steiconi
Tree Collards
I understand there is a tree collard that never goes...
ediblelandscape
Streptocarpus in Hawaii
I've grown Streps in cooler climates before, but now...
maui_jen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™