yellowing leaves

vickie-by(4b Upstate NY)March 2, 2007

This is my first tropical hibiscus.It has been inside since the fall and has been beautiful.It bloomed well at Christmas,stopped for awhile and recently formed many new buds.BUT the leaves started to turn yellow and fall off.HELP PLEASE !!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kristinacatfish

maybe you arent watering it enough? I am not a pro I just learn everything by experience, But I have had a Hibiscus for 2 years now, and I find that if I get lazy on the watering then the leaves will yellow, it seems to need a lot of water. I give mine lots of water 2 days a week. But mine is huge so I don't know if yours needs that much.

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 10:43AM
popi_gw

Yellowing of the leaves can be a nutritional deficiency, consider how long your plant has been in the pot, it may need some fresh new potting mix.

Yellowing can also mean too much water, stick your finger in the mix and see if its wet, before you water.

Is it difficult to grow hibiscus in your part of the world ? Keeping it inside may be a problem, does it get enough sun ?

Having buds is good.

Popi

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 2:45AM
floribunda2007

Hi I'm new to this page, my first message.
I have obvious;y been over watering my Hibiscus Tree. What is the best way to put required nutrients back into the soil. I live in Barcelona and it is difficult to get many of the usual feeds here.
Ann

Bookmark   May 22, 2007 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
id for orange hibiscus
I am looking for the botanical name for this pretty...
linda_leaf z10fla
Abelmoschus Manihot problem
I have a question about my Abelmoschus Manihot. I've...
marricgardens
new website format not fun
I really don't like the new format...
merkity
A very nice "weed"
This one grows as a weed at my place, in that it self...
tropicbreezent
Can I plant perennial hibiscuses in NY (zone 6)?
I am wondering if I can plant perennial hibiscuses...
quilttrack47
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™