Lavender Goldberg

marlingardenerApril 16, 2009

Never met an herb I didn't like! I have a variegated lavender, "Goldberg" and can't find any information on it. Has anyone planted this variety? I am wondering if the soil/light/water requirements are the same as for ordinary lavender. Please share your experience and information. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fatamorgana2121(Zone 5/6)

I've never tried "goldberg." I like "munstead" and it seems to like me so I've stuck with that. Let us know what you think about "goldberg" this season.

For my $.02...I have noticed when I've tried variegated plant varieties of this or that they never seemed as robust as their plainer, greener cousins. Maybe its just me. But I tend to avoid variegated varieties as a whole.

FataMorgana

Bookmark   April 24, 2009 at 6:29PM
marlingardener

FataMorgana,
I agree, the variegated plants do seem to be less robust, but this is such a lovely little plant that I really needed to take it home! I'll let you know how it does in our Texas heat/humidity. Hope springs eternal (at least in a gardener's heart!).

Bookmark   April 24, 2009 at 8:34PM
goofynonnie(7)

Does anyone have any recipes to use Lavender in? All of my herbs are growing beautifully..just don't know what to do with them all! LOL! Blessings..TJWW

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 12:53AM
maifleur01

add 1/4 to 1/2 cup flowers to sugar cookies or do what I do which is smell the leaves then visualize what foods it seems to combine with. I seldom use the flowers but use the leaves in anything from chicken soup to butter spreads to go on toast with jam.

You don't need a recipe to cook just do what your great grandmothers would do and experiment.

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 9:42PM
fatamorgana2121(Zone 5/6)

Recipes....

Herbs Forum - Lavender recipes

FataMorgana

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 8:46PM
More Discussions
HELP!!! My mint plant is growing SMALLER!!!
Just over a week ago, I purchased a potted mint plant...
James Lim
How many seeds do I plant in a seed starter kit cell?
I'm sure this is one of those questions that almost...
drayven
Something is eating my basil leaves
Hello - I planted basil seeds in my raised garden and...
Bimaldshah
African blue basil
I live in central TN and am looking for an African...
rksamon
I need help in mulching
What kind of mulch should I use in my herb garden?? my...
Keith Peñaflorida
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™