Multi colored hibiscus tree?

maja127(33914)March 31, 2007

I read somewhere that 3 different colors were twisted together. Is there such a thing as an hibiscus tree consisting of different colored blossoms?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hitexplanter(8 a)

Maja,
There is in Hawaii a tree type (Hibiscus Tilleaceous)sp? of Hibiscus that can have three shades of color on the same tree other than that I would guess that three different varieties were rooted in the same pot and braided for this affect. I have bought a few for the garden center this year that had two types in a pot. These were not braided. I am not much on the formal braiding myself but each to their own.
Happy Growing David

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 9:52PM
watergal(z6/7 Westminster, MD)

There are companies that braid different colors together. There is also a Hibiscus mutabilis that has flowers that change color as they age, so you end up with different colors on the same tree from the different aged flowers.

Bookmark   April 4, 2007 at 7:23AM
donnamay

I have a hibiscus plant.. but im not sure what type it is because I cant find any hibiscus with the same leaf. The leaf on my plant is like a maple leaf. The flowers are a salmon color. Can you tell me what type of hybiscus I have?

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 9:08AM
winonab

I have a hibiscus that has a single bloom yellow and a double bloom salmon color on the same plant..it is gorgeous ..the only thing I know about it is it was called multi colored Hibiscus when I bought it at WalMart.. If anyone is interested in seeing it please email me at wbradford@aol.com and I will be glad to send you a picture of it..

Bookmark   September 15, 2007 at 8:31AM
acacius48(5)

I am pretty new to the wonderful world of hibiscus world but i thought i would throw another suggestion how there is multi-colored blooms. I've been reading a lot and just learned about this... I think it could very well be grafting. Its where they bond a new branch to existing rooted cutting. Here is a couple of links to fill ya a little more on it:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/hibiscus/Grafting/grafting.htm

http://www.hibiscusworld.com/graft/graft.htm

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Help with Hibiscus
Hi! I recently bought a bunch of hibiscus on clearance...
sgreer13
Hibiscus in Spanish
Can anyone tell me what the Spanish name is for a hibiscus...
jardinerafloridana
New Hibiscus Society in SoCal
Hi All, We have started a new hibiscus group: The Southern...
holywoodpalms
Please help!
I purchased a lovely pale yellow hibiscus 2 years ago...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
Is it ok to plant a hibiscus in a pot with no drainage holes?
Hi, I'd like to use this huge pot for one of my hibiscuses....
figsinhawaii
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™