sauerkraut benefits

ronsaxtonMarch 16, 2013

I am new to Kraut making and i solely want to do it for the health benefits i am reading about online. Can and will any of you please post any changes you notice in your body you had after eating kraut regularly please? Thank you so much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wertach zone 7-B SC

I have IBS-D and it has seemed to help it some. I still have some bad day's though.

The store bought doesn't help but the homemade does.

I'm hooked on the taste now also. No more store bought!

I smoked a corned beef brisket yesterday and made Reuben sandwiches with the fresh kraut, lip smaking good!

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 12:53PM
RuthieG__TX(z8 TX)

Honestly just the taste difference is enough for me but like most things, I can't pin point anything specific.....I take a vitamin pill every day and a few other supplements as well and I feel like I should but can't point to any specifics....

One taste of homemade kraut though is enough to bring me back to making it every year........

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 1:14PM
wertach zone 7-B SC

I'm starting a new batch today. Cabbage is on sale for St. Paddies day so I bought 3 heads @ 22 cents a pound Friday morning! I also stocked my freezer with the corned beef on sale for $2.39 a lb., not so healthy but so good!

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 1:26PM
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Why "solely for the health benefits"? Personally, food preservation being the focus of this forum, not health issues, like most here I make it to have great kraut to eat

But if you don't like sauerkraut there are plenty of other fermented foods with the same health benefits.

Dave

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Jerusalem artichokes
Hi, I harvested my Jerusalem artichokes and brushed...
jokuehn
Where did all my saved pages go?
Are they all gone or just hidden? Gee I leave for a...
ahbee01
what i put up 2015
Looks like it's time to start this thread again, so...
misskimmie
Canning Bacon ?
I just watched a video on another forum of someone...
scunningham
Is GMO corn cobs safe for corn cob jelly?
This is the time around here that the farmers are picking...
myfamilysfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™