rmburbridgeJune 16, 2006

I am wondering what the name of grass Hawaii has that when you touch it, it shrivels up. I've been told that it is Shy grass, but I can't find that anywhere. I now live in Wyoming and would love to try to find some and plant it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raygrogan(Iowa and Hawaii)

I think that the common name is "sensitive plant", in the mimosa family. It is indeed pretty and interesting, but a wicked weed in some situations. The seeds stick to you, "kukus" in pidgin, and the thorns point towards the roots making it difficult to pull (you have to use vice grips).

    Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 2:39AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
WANTED: newbie
Aloha, I'm a newbie. I'm starting an herb and veggie...
Is my favourite hawaiian seller gone for good?
Hey guys, I'm just dropping in from the fragrant forum...
Geiger tree
Hi there, I recently came across a small geiger tree...
young mango not growing
I live in east Honolulu and planted a Florigon mango in...
Kathleen Kihmm Connolly
Vireyas in Hilo
The local chapter of the Rhododendron Society is doing...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™