Spider Mites on My Mint?

thumbalandfallApril 24, 2010

I recently had an outbreak of Spider Mites on my Rosemary. I put it on a regimen of a deep spray several times a day, and it looked like it had done the trick.

However, my mint has now started dying, and I couldn't figure out why. I was thinking it was fungus (a very sad thought :-( ), but after observing it for about 10 minutes, I noticed crawlies going up and down the leaves.

I can't really see any on the Rosemary at the moment (they had taken up webbing prior). Could it be spider mites on the mint too?

I just isolated both plants (indoor bay window garden). Should I be worried about my other plants too? What would Gardenweb recommend to get rid of these things?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Do a test to see if spider mites are contributing to the problem. Hold a clean sheet of paper in one hand and tap-tap-tap the plant onto it with the other hand. If you see any teensy specks crawling around afterwards, you'll know.

You should know, by the way, that very few herbs are thrilled about being grown inside. They prefer the full sun, plentiful air circulation, and atmosphere of the outside environment.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 5:03PM
melaroma(6)

Ladybugs, ladybugs, ladybugs! They will eat spider mites and aphids, they are good for the environment, they won't harm your plants and they are cute to boot!

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 12:43AM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Um, I wouldn't 'think' that our original poster would want ladybugs swarming around inside the home.

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 4:13AM
More Discussions
Can you please name this herb (Qatar)
It smells more like Mint, but it looks like a Basil, I...
maufie123
Flat chives
I have a pot of chives, I planted from seed over a...
karen58_gw
In search of the wild fennel
Hello, I'm looking for seeds from foeniculum vulgare...
botolph
Different varieties of papalo?
I have papalo seed from 4 different vendors for a while...
KudosFromUdo
Sage Recommendations?
hey everyone Just wondering if you can recommend the...
2bcleansed
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™