Your Wood Edging Photos.....??

tropicalfreak(z10b Ft Lauderdale)July 22, 2005

hi,

i was wondering if you would care to share photos of what you use as edging for your landscapes?? i am looking to do some with round poles cut to length on end as i have seen this on the coast here in florida. local businesses near the boardwalk. i was hoping to get more ideas from some people with really tropical landcapes.

thanks, cliff

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrdick(Lanai Hawaii)

Well Cliff dont know how wet it is by you but I have found wood and ground dont mix and have access to the deserted beaches here on the island of Lanai where I live and the wood rots after awhile, I even planted some ferns in the logs I brought up for borders but have now switched to black/blue volcanic rock that has been smooothed by the ocean if I had a digital cam I would take some pics, the other thing I did with it was border my beds alongside my home as I do not have rain gutters and so the water that drips off my roof every morning becomes a source of drip irrigation as it hits the stone and sprays out to the bed, before I had grooves in my lawn under the edge now it works for me and I no longer have to water as much

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 12:01AM
More Discussions
Camellia sinensis
Hi, I just bought this plant at the urban garden center....
borgf15
young mango not growing
I live in east Honolulu and planted a Florigon mango in...
Kathleen Kihmm Connolly
Lava rock
I am curious if the lava rock sold for grill use can...
susanZ9B
Streptocarpus in Hawaii
I've grown Streps in cooler climates before, but now...
maui_jen
Anybody still here?
Is Gardenweb dead, or are there still people here?
Axel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™