Droping Flowers

modee2001(z7 GA)April 10, 2005

I bought a hybrid Hibiscus from home Depot with lots of buds. I've planted in full sun but the buds are droping before the bloom. I live in SE Florida and have planted plenty of hibiscus, this is a first. The plant itself looks very healthy and is insect free. Can anyone HELP?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachbarbie(z9a/8b NC)

You may already realize this, but it could just be going thru shock and/or showing signs of stress from being moved around so much - nursery - HD - you.
Some that I've bought have been fine, but others go through a bit of a slump, then recover quite nicely.
Barb

Bookmark   April 14, 2005 at 11:05AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardeniarose(z10FLA)

Sounds like shock to me too. But since we are on the dropping bud topic, what if you have an established hibiscus that's been in the ground for years and now suddenly drops a bud periodically? This same plant is also having leaves turn yellow very fast and also drop. I am also in south Florida. I thought maybe not enough water but they made it through our winter drought with only infrequent waterings by me. Our rainfall is on the rise now. Would a few months of drought followed by sudden flooding downpours cause the leaves to yellow? Thanks!

Bookmark   April 23, 2005 at 12:12PM
More Discussions
id for orange hibiscus
I am looking for the botanical name for this pretty...
linda_leaf z10fla
Hibiscus from cuttings ??
I was lucky to obtain a cutting from a lovely yellow...
Country Sunflower
How beautful are these!!!
These are winter hardy hibiscus that i just ordered. They...
tlbean2004
Rum Runner in winter form
Afternoon! just thought i would share a pic of my Rum...
merkity
Hibiscus group on Big Island?
Is there a Hibiscus group/society/club on the East...
steiconi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™