Info on Hawaii

Julie_Alley(z5 On Canada)September 28, 2006

Hi every one.

I am a tropical gardener stuck in a zone 3 :-( I have to move to a warmer climate!!!! Me and my husband are trying to decide were we would like to live once he finishes school next year. We were thinking about Hawaii. IÂve been spending a lot of time researching the different areas but what you can learn on the internet is limited. Could you recommend some nice small cities or villages, at as high elevation as possible ,with rich soil, were it would not be to difficult to find a large amount of acreage for sale. Also if any one knows of any web sites with lots of well labeled photos of the different cities and villages of the island could you give me the link?

Thanks,

Julie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tommyc(Mich 5-6)

I'm not sure where you've been looking, but I'm planning a move next summer to the Hilo area... Hawaiian Paradise Park, Puna Area... You might try starting there. I have so much info that the next step is to buy an acre lot for $60,000 or so and build the house. I'm building it myself so I do have a few more options than buying a house. Do some research. Orchidland, MountainView, just start, and you will find alot of answers. Check Foodland, or Safeway for food prices... Zip codes to use is 96749, 96825. 96825 is on Oahu but the prices are pretty much the same. Try Konaweb forum for some answers.

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 10:05PM
More Discussions
Hibiscus group on Big Island?
Anybody know of a Hibiscus group or society or club...
steiconi
Is my favourite hawaiian seller gone for good?
Hey guys, I'm just dropping in from the fragrant forum...
fenius
Powdery Mildew
When I first started gardening in Nanakuli 4 years...
ediblelandscape
Growers Wanted: Native Hawaiian Plants
Hi, I just wanted to know if there are any fellow "Native...
Cyanea
Keep compost pile from sprouting
We just got another house and the backyard is a "bit"...
hotzcatz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™