Help with new Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis

kariw379May 19, 2006

Hi..I just received this hibiscus as a gift. I'm really into flowers but don't know much about pruning, cutting, spraying, etc. When I first received the plant it was blooming daily, but recently it stopped blooming all together. I've kept the soil moist and haven't changed its condition. It is in a pot, as I don't have a place to plant it yet. I did notice that a couple of the leaves have tiny holes inside it. All of the leaves have remained very growth and it even looks like there is new growth at the base of the plant. It the lack of blossoms normal or do I need to do something. I've read several items on this forum and have wondered if spraying it with soapy water would help. Please let me know if there are any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantsofheaven(PA/18088)

Hibiscus usually stop blooming for awhile before producing blooms again. Fertilize regularly with a water soluble fertilizer such as Miracle Grow, 20-20-20 or Hibiscus Food.Prune in August. I have included a very good website with tons of info on hibiscus rosa-sinensis including fertilizing and pruning. Let me know if it works and if it helps.
Thanks
Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hibiscus sinensis

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
Jumbo Hibuscus
My potted jumbo hibiscuses are coming out of hibernation....
hawkeye38
Is it ok to plant a hibiscus in a pot with no drainage holes?
Hi, I'd like to use this huge pot for one of my hibiscuses....
figsinhawaii
What variety (or color) shall I be?
Well, my mystery hibiscus from Logee's that was of...
dbarron
Can I plant perennial hibiscuses in NY (zone 6)?
I am wondering if I can plant perennial hibiscuses...
quilttrack47
id for orange hibiscus
I am looking for the botanical name for this pretty...
linda_leaf z10fla
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™