Tuesday's blooms

Julia NY(6)July 15, 2014

Some pics to share for today. Peak bloom will definitely be by the weekend. But still many to go yet :-)

PLUM FOOLISH - poor thing is stuck behind some of my iris but hopefully this fall it will get moved to a better spot.

MEXICAN MAGIC - just starting to get going. Many scapes and buds to go.

PINK AT THE BALLET - one of my favorites although not a lot of scapes or buds but I forgive it since it is being crowded out by AZATEC HEADDRESS and a few others. Hopefully I can open up space in that bed and give it room.

JAMIE DOCKERY - just started opening this morning. Most of the Rice cultivars are scaped, budded and just waiting their turn to put on a show.

BROADWAY SPARKLER - this is one vigorous daylily. Always puts on a show, increases quickly and many scapes.
Scape height is short but the blooms are small so it works.

LAVENDER BLUE BABY - opening up with not the perfect blooms I expect from it.

BIG HONKING HEARTTHROB - just started opening. Big blooms, tall scapes and many buds to go.

WHIP CITY OOPSIE - I love yellows and especially tall yellows. Started opening today.

ISLE OF PATMOS - opened with a duo this morning.

SOCIAL GRACES - many scapes and buds. Crowding out some of my other plants in the bed.

SPACECOAST DIXIE CHICK -

SPACECOAST CRANBERRY BREEZE

SPACECOAST STARBURST

SPACECOAST CITRUS KICK

SOVEREIGN QUEEN

That is it for today.

Julia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mantis__oh

My faves are Jamie Dockery and Isle of Patmos. The Spacecoast ones look sparsely budded, but I like the color of the cranberry one (I see some web shots with splotchiness). Mexican Magic growth here is feeble. Surprised that the Miner evergreens grow well for you. I like Plum Foolish, but not crazy about 20" height.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 9:04PM
Julia NY(6)

mantis: The Spacecoasts have come back each year (5 years I've had them now) and sit in a bed which gets the north winds all winter with no protection. I plan to find a new home for them this year. I'd like to clear out an entire bed and redo with perennials, a few daylilies and some ornamental bushes. My wish list for this year :-)

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 9:32PM
shive(6b TN)

Jamie Dockery and Isle of Patmos get my vote today.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 10:14PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

wow; That JAMIE DOCKERY is a beauty. I love that one. and I also like ISLE OF PATMOS a lot, too, and the last one, also. you have some very pretty ones blooming.

jean

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 10:39PM
maximus7116(MI)

Jamie Dockery is always a favorite, and there's something wonderful about the eye on Broadway Sparkler. It looks like a great front-of-the-border plant.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 11:08PM
nat4b(4)

My picks are the purples - Jamie Dockery, Isle of Patmos and Lavender Blue Baby.
All spacecoasts are pretty! I had a negative experience with one, and now I am leery.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 11:41PM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

I love Jamie Dockery. Isle of Patmos and Big Honking Heartthrob look great too, and Broadway Sparkler is cute!

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 6:10AM
organic_kitten(8)

Plum Foolish, James Dockery and Isle of Patmos are beautiful and the colors are so good. I like Big Honking Heartthrob too.

kay

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 4:23PM
Nancy zone 6

I'm liking the purples, they are really doing good for you. Plum Foolish is especially pretty with that light edge, sets it off perfectly.

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 4:58PM
More Discussions
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™