why i love plants.......off topic a bit

wallisadiJune 15, 2012

she was growing vodoo lily back when i was a kid, in Illinois! incredible pictures. bought a new device to turn your old slide pics to digital....works great! my granny!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
katkin_gw

How cool is that?? Wonderful granny. :o)

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 6:45PM
whgille(FL 9b)

M...it is so nice to have memories of a wonderful time with your Grandma, good for you!

I remember gardening when I was a child with my aunt, her place was magical! and she made everything looked so easy, fruit trees, flowers, rare Amazon orchids, roses, etc, and everything was taken care off and perfect. Of course we had a weather like spring year round and good volcanic soil.:)

Silvia

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 7:39PM
hester_2009

Mark,
I'm curious about the device...I have literally thousands of slides of my late husbands paintings and everyone tells me I should "digitize" them. Since I'm hopeless with technology, I've been reluctant. Can you tell me what you got and how easy was it to do?
Great pic of Grandma!
Thanks,
Hester

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 7:32AM
corar4gw(JAX9A)

OHMYGOSH! Is that a Hoosier cabinet behind your Granny? Those things are worth hundreds of dollars these days! MY grandmother had one, but it wasn't painted. That and a wood burning cook stove were the main appliances in her kitchen. cora

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 7:38AM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Oh, I just love her! I bet she could cook, too. I love old people - full of wisdom and experience and great stories. Wonderful that she passed on her love of gardening ... and obviously some excellent gardening skills, too!

Carol

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 8:59AM
tinael01(10A)

Isn't it funny how you can inherit a love for growing things? I was born with it....from digging up that first wild morning glory to spending my allowance on a pack of tomato seeds...even without a role model. I can't imagine what my green thumb would have looked like had I had a role model like your grandma! And you prove my point by posting the most incredible flower photos again and again and again. OMG am I jealous of some people! You are an incredibly lucky guy!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 9:53AM
carolb_w_fl(zone 9/10)

Lovely photo! Reminds me of my grandma & her kitchen as well = )

& the slide scanners are so cool - my son has 1 & maybe 1 day will let me borrow it. I think they start @ 60$ & on up....

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 11:42AM
wallisadi

hester, it. inovative technology film and slide converter. got it at khols, upc #893811 002536. works great! same here, hundreds of slides, very easy to use. have spread old memories to all my family. i was probably ten or so when i shot that picture....love it!

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 6:55PM
More Discussions
Avocado wilt
I think we have the red bay wilt on our avocado. No...
DunedinDan
Staghorn cutting
A friend gave me a piece of her staghorn. How do I...
drich30099
A mystery plant... Any ideas?
Rescued this plant from a friends house. It's in pretty...
soleil_blume_hooke
African Irises just bloomed; they're pretty
The plants bloomed nine mos after being stuck in the...
stewbrew FL_10b
New bird food!
Ellen, the 90 year old, cut off the end of a piece...
thonotorose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™