What's the fuzzy stuff?

bichonluver3July 23, 2014

I just noticed that my hibiscus plants have what appears to be patches of white fuzzy stuff. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjhuntingtonbeach

It's called whitefly... a nasty parasite that loves hibiscus. The only thing to do is spray constantly, a systemic pesticide is best. Oil based sprays are probably effective too but don't last long. Spray often. If you don't spray your entire plant will have wisps of whlte cottony stuff all over it.

I hate whitefly .... but it can be beaten.

Is it what is in this link to pictures with whitefly?

https://www.google.com/search?q=whitefly+on+hibiscus+image&client=palemoon&rls=Palemoon:en-US&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4ObdU6CbKMz1oASgmoDYAQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1536&bih=665

good luck.

Mike

Bookmark   August 3, 2014 at 3:39AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjhuntingtonbeach

It's called whitefly... a nasty parasite that loves hibiscus. The only thing to do is spray constantly, a systemic pesticide is best. Oil based sprays are probably effective too but don't last long. Spray often. If you don't spray your entire plant will have wisps of whlte cottony stuff all over it.

I hate whitefly .... but it can be beaten.

Is it what is in this link to pictures with whitefly?

https://www.google.com/search?q=whitefly+on+hibiscus+image&client=palemoon&rls=Palemoon:en-US&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4ObdU6CbKMz1oASgmoDYAQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1536&bih=665

good luck.

Mike

Bookmark   August 3, 2014 at 3:41AM
More Discussions
Hardy Hibiscus Seed
I see many sellers on Ebay selling hardy hibiscus seeds,...
Betty Levar
new website format not fun
I really don't like the new format...
merkity
Is it ok to plant a hibiscus in a pot with no drainage holes?
Hi, I'd like to use this huge pot for one of my hibiscuses....
figsinhawaii
How beautful are these!!!
These are winter hardy hibiscus that i just ordered. They...
tlbean2004
Hibiscus leaves are curling
Help is needed. Although my plant looks healthy with...
eagleap_gw Zone 10
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™