My new homestead!

ohiohomesteadJanuary 26, 2014

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and currently in the process of building my little homestead cabin. I'm actually currently in the process of planning a greenhouse, which I'd love some input on if you would be so kind as to head over to the greenhouse forum.

It's a 32x12ft building with 10ft sidewalls to make it feel a bit bigger. Currently, the shell is complete, but we(my father and uncle are helping) are currently in the process of finishing the interior. Once the electric and plumbing go in, we'll start on the walls and flooring. Here's a few photos of what I've got so far!

Just realizing that it will only allow one photo per post, so this is pre-porch railing the day it went up. The plan is to distress/whitewash the cabin to make it look a bit more dated. I'll also be replacing the front door shortly with something a little more appropriate, hah.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ohiohomestead

Here it is post-porch railing

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 11:25AM
ohiohomestead

And from the loft(12x9). The loft will be my bedroom and the underpart will be the bathroom/utility room.

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 11:28AM
ohiohomestead

This is a basic floor plan I had made for it. I think I'm just going to make the Utility/Bathroom into one room and the plan is in reverse from what it will actually be. As stated, the greenhouse is what I'm currently trying to figure out. I'd love it to be an open part of the home(how earth ships are often utilized), but am afraid of how moisture will effect the home's structure.

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 11:34AM
luvncannin

I love this style and the size is perfect.
Kim

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 7:02PM
ohiosnowbird

I live in Ohio and was so excited to come across this site. I want a tiny home. I love this design and idea. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 4:13PM
Miguelovic(7a-BC)

Yes I also have nothing to contribute, but it looks bloody awesome from here, good start man! :) House looks beautiful, and I love the porch railings.

Cheers

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 2:31PM
dbobul

Im very jealous. Good luck to you with your new venture. Would love to see some photos of your surrounding property as well

Bookmark   December 17, 2014 at 1:29AM
More Discussions
Drying tumeric
Hi all, I've just harvested my first batch of tumeric...
Tarientree
raising meat and egg chickens
Processing your own chickens. We can't seem to find...
ryseryse_2004
Rats
I have never had rats but I guess onto every farm a...
Kacee
Home Made Yogurt Problem
I am making yogurt in a new Cuisinart Yogurt maker...
sjm1027
Welbilt breadmaker Model ABM 3900
I have lost my instruction manual and cookbook to my...
Dorothy_56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™