Help With Solar Panel

BlueMntn(z8 SC)January 8, 2003

I inadvertently hit the solar panel on my outside motion detector light with a 16 ounce hammer. The hammer won. All the other parts are working OK. I tried wiring in a 50 milliamp 6 volt solar cell. No success. It charges a 6 volt NICad battery which powers a 20 watt halogen bulb. Can anyone provide info on what I can do. I don't want to buy a new unit. No one seems to carry just a replacement panel. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ray_Scheel(z8b/SS31 E. TX)

Did you get the polarity of the wires right?

Bookmark   February 6, 2003 at 4:42PM
syleanddesign(TX)

Can someone please tell me where I can find some solar panels that will fit over my aqurium so I can put a desk lamp on it and generate photosynthesis, and make my plants grow!

Bookmark   May 3, 2005 at 10:11PM
huisjen(z5 ME)

Syleanddesign, I don't understand what you are asking. If there is natural light available at the top of the aquarium, blocking it with a solar panel that powers an artificial light will result in less total light reaching the plants (in the aquarium?) since the efficiency of a solar panel is less than 100%. Plants do better with natural light than artificial light anyway, because artificial light has a limited spectrum (it doesn't contain all the frequencies of natural light; that's why colors don't look the same under lights as they do in daylight.)

Explain more, and I'll try to help.

(BlueMtn, sorry for the hijack.)

Katey

Bookmark   May 9, 2005 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Farm/Homestead in MD vs VA
Hi, I'm new 'round here! We are going to be buying...
megtc
Deer Fencing - New 8' or Interior 4'
I have about 4.5 acres we want to enclose (tired of...
beartoothweb
semi off grid
Hi, new to this site and would like some suggestions...
will279
clinkers
I have amaziblaze 4100 corn stove that I started burning...
DJH77
First step to homesteading
Hello Everyone, I was browsing through Youtube watching...
kesaber
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™