Some Hansons from yesterday

twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)July 24, 2014

Here are some of my Hansons that were blooming yesterday...

Catastrophe Waitress

Exquisitely Subversive

Lounge Lizard

Inside Informer - this flower is so much prettier in person, and has lots of buds

Point of Divergence = for some reason, a lot of days the flowers are not opening well on this one this year

Elmore James

Robert Lee Batt

Black Falcon Ritual

Jerry Hyatt (not a great picture of it)

Ansel Adams (not a great picture of this one either)

Primal Scream

Two Sues

That's all! Thanks for looking, Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mantis__oh

Inside Informer is a luscious shade of purple in your pic, so it is hard to imagine it better. Two Sues is also striking.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:12PM
organic_kitten(8)

Love those colors together. Ah girl, that photo of Primal Scream with the Bee Balm is gorgeous! Black Falcon Ritual is beautiful!
To me, Exquisitely Subversive always looks as if it has been painted. Your photos are gorgeous today. Lovely post.
kay

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:17PM
Nancy zone 6

I really like the photo of Primal Scream, & love Black Falcon Ritual. Elmore James is lookin' good too.

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 9:36PM
nat4b(4)

Beautiful flowers! All those purples! Esp like Exquisitely Subversive and Inside Informer.
I only grow two older Hansons and both don't open that third petal right :s

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 10:41PM
shive(6b TN)

I think the trio of Exquisitely Subversive is my favorite today. Point of Divergence has a pretty blooms and very impressive scapes. I think that one should go on the Best Budded list! Primal Scream looks fantastic with the purple monarda. Great combo!

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 10:16

Bookmark   July 24, 2014 at 11:07PM
Maryl zone 7a

He does some nice purples. Particularly like the colors on Black Falcon Ritual. I don't know what you'd call the color on the first one, Catastrophe Waitress, but it is one intriguing daylily. The crepe texture just adds to its interest...........Maryl

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 1:46AM
maximus7116(MI)

Great photos! I think my favorite of the group is Primal Scream because it's such a great combo with the bee balm.

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 8:31AM
sherrygirl zone5

Like the color combos of Two Sues. Great pictures from zone 6! Things are slowing down quickly here in 5.

Sherry

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 9:27AM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Kay, I agree that in pictures Exquisitely Subversive looks like it's been painted - I think it's the metallic edge and the shape of the flowers. To me, Lounge Lizard has the same effect for the same reasons.

Nat, I have some older Hansons and older ones from other hybridizers that do the sticking out third petal thing too - I'm not a fan of that.

Debra, I will try to make a point of doing a bud count on POD in the next week or so!

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 5:48PM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

I was just outside and did a little deadheading... POD has two scapes coming out of at least three fans - I noticed that on one fan a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd take a closer look. Got to love instant rebloom!

Also, Inside Informer has some crazy branching. I know it's hard to tell in this picture with the green background, but that is only four scapes. I will do bud counts at some point.

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 7:31PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

sure some beautiful photos. That first photo with the flowers in the background is soo pretty. beautiful daylily and them flowers just make it shine.Elmore James is such a beauty, too. with so many beauties to see,i sure can not pick out a favorite from them, They are all gorgeous.

jean

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 7:42PM
More Discussions
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
Buying daylilies from the south
I placed an order for daylilies from a Florida seller....
KarenPA_6b
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
WARNING- do not use EcoSmart Grass & Weed Killer
I just sprayed this on my grass inbetween the cracks...
dani_plus_2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™