What do you think of this food saver?

jennieboyer(8)May 25, 2012

Hi All - I got an email regarding this food saver being on sale, and it looks like a great deal. Before I pull the trigger, though, wondering if any of you have thoughts on this model/brand. I do want something with the canister ability, and this one has it. Never used the canister on a system before, so would welcome thoughts/feedback on that. I am looking to replace a MUCH older foodsaver. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: foodsaver

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

The brand is fine - I have 2 of them tho not this model - and likely this model, though not their best by far, is okay too. If you can afford one of the better models then go for it. Most all models have canister adaptability.

The canisters are what I'll call moderately successful depending on what you store in them. They don't hold their seal indefinitely so aren't for long term storage and they aren't cheap either. We find there are much easier and better methods of long term dry storage.

I linked just some of the many previous discusions here on vacuum sealers for your review. Be sure to note the alternate sources for rolls and bags given in several of them.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Foodsaver discussions

Bookmark   May 25, 2012 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
Is my turkey stock too thick to can?
I made stock two nights ago, last night I went to skim...
SaraBeth Williams
Have you made sweet & sour Indian lemon pickles?
I have made north African preserved lemons several...
veeta
Which fish varieties can (or can't) be pressured canned?
My husband Fishes. And Catches. My freezer already...
jill2761
Is it OK to harvest greens with mildew?
I have some mustard greens covered with white powdery...
donegonegreen
Does anyone use a pH meter in home canning?
My question is about the Wisconsin extension document...
randaloulton
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™