Help! I think I poisoned my Hibiscus!
I have a red Hibiscus thats in the middle of my 2 Brugs. I found my 2 Brugs to be infected by spider mites so I sprayed them with Malathion.I was thinking that maybe the Hibiscus was infected with spider mites as well,so I sprayed it with Malathion too.
This morning I see that its leaves are turning yellow and dropping...badly.
I posted in the 'florida gardening' group and someone there said that hibiscus' were sensitive to malathion.Oh No! Did I poison it? Anything I can do at this point?
I'm going to have to move it so this dosent happen again,not to mention that it will get overspray every time I spray my Brugs.
Is it a safe time to move it? Should I wait until early morning/late evening? Should I cut it back in order to transplant?
My hibiscus is about 5 1/2 feet tall but not real bushy,more of an upright habit.It's red,blooms rarely.I don't know what kind it is,I bought it at Home Depot.
Thanks for all your help!