semi off grid

will279April 5, 2014

Hi, new to this site and would like some suggestions on where in the US I could find some land (10+ acres) , at a bargain price, and still live mostly off the grid. I am a retired civil servant and have a pension from working in a mid sized city for 20+ yrs. I have the basic survival skills(no expert), but am looking to get away from the city. I miss the change of seasons and it would be great to find some land that I could hunt/fish etc., maybe an hour or two from a small town. All help would be appreciated! thanks will279

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
EvertonAcres

Hi Will
Check out ebay for land. :)

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 7:09PM
zzackey(8b GA)

SE Georgia. Lots of land here. Mostly pine trees as far as you can see. Our property taxes are 40 bucks a year. That pays for weekly trash pick up and road grading. Most roads are dirt around here. More trees than people. Yet we are only 15 miles from a nice small town and one hour to Jacksonville. We pay no school taxes because my hubby is retired.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:41PM
zzackey(8b GA)

Lots of hunting and fishing here. Deer and turkeys galore. There are rivers, ponds, lakes and the ocean nearby. Lots of woodsy natural land here. Unspoiled. A great small town nearby with lots of friendly people.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
clinkers
I have amaziblaze 4100 corn stove that I started burning...
DJH77
alternatives to store-bought chicken feed
I have large gardens and can grow veggies thru the...
digit
Breckwell P-24 Pellet Stove control board wires
I have a very old model P-24 Breckwell self standing...
yohdahsdaddy
Rats
I have never had rats but I guess onto every farm a...
Kacee
First step to homesteading
Hello Everyone, I was browsing through Youtube watching...
kesaber
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™