dry mix recipes

gran2(z5 INDIANA)April 6, 2006

I have to do a "lesson" on making your own mixes. I've done this before some time ago but could use some new recipes. I have things like rice-a-roni, pancake mix, tea and coffee mixes, cream-of-something soup, etc. Does anyone have any good unusual ones?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX(z8 TX)

Perhaps you should check out some of the copy kat sites.....

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 10:23AM
FogLily

Gran2
LOL! That depends on what you consider 'unusual'. My DD just recieved Mary Jane Butters Farm Girl book for her birthday ... jello salades are pretty 'unusuals' in Northern California. The DH is from Ohio so he rattled off all sorts of jello salades for her. She said 'weird' and I reminded her that is normal faire in the Midwest and to please call it 'exotic' until she tries some to keep an open mind (we did a can peach and mini marshmallow salade for her to try and she was delighted).
About the only type of mixes we do is when we are packing/camping and they are dried fruits and nuts or homemade dried soup/noodle mixes (I would try the Backpacker dot com for a recipe, most the time I just 'eye' it). We make jerky: beef, venison, tofu but it never reconstitutes up in a soup real well. Nothing too exotic or unusual by us. I guess you could also go to a backpacking shop and look at some of their freeze dried meals and experiment with creating something similar.

Bookmark   April 20, 2006 at 12:00PM
gran2(z5 INDIANA)

Ruthie - internet surfing isn't my best thing. I've googled dry mixes, mix recipes, and a couple of others, but found nothing. Do you know of any one in particular that is good?

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 12:17AM
doggonegardener(Wyoming, Zone 4)

My mother has a cookbook called "Make a Mix". I did a Google search for "Make a Mix" and got lots of results. Give that one a try and see if there is anything you like.

Good luck.

Bookmark   April 24, 2006 at 3:47PM
More Discussions
How high of a fence could a deer jump over?
Anybody know? I hear they can jump/climb pretty high! Thanks!...
John_Blutarsky
Cast Iron Cookware...Cleaning Swap Meet Findings
Yesterday I picked up several cast iron skillets from...
Willow_Summerland
Deer Fencing - New 8' or Interior 4'
I have about 4.5 acres we want to enclose (tired of...
beartoothweb
tanning fish
I have seen a few sights talking about tanning fish...
dtrade83
Root Cellar Ladder?
Hi. We are new members and are building on 10 acres...
richardnoel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™