Chainsaw problems (my fault)

nohennsMay 21, 2013

Hello i would like some advice on fixing my old homelite super 2 chainsaw. The wrong fuel to oil mixture was put in (not enough oil to gas) next the choke was full so there was virtually no air in the mixture..also I pulled the cord a lot (really a lot)
I was wondering what I can do to fix it. The chainsaw hasn't run in 10 years but it was stored properly. Also when the cord is pulled I do hear a pop from the piston.

Thank you and I will take any advice because I need to get it to run.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scgreenthumb1987(8)

If it was me, after being stored that long I'd want to pull it apart, clean the carb, clean the magneto, replace the spark plug, spray a little pb blaster in the cylinder just to make sure the rings are free, and inspect the fuel line for dry rot. The fuel mixture shouldn't have caused any damage if it didn't run.

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 3:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scgreenthumb1987(8)

If it was me, after being stored that long I'd want to pull it apart, clean the carb, clean the magneto, replace the spark plug, spray a little pb blaster in the cylinder just to make sure the rings are free, and inspect the fuel line for dry rot. The fuel mixture shouldn't have caused any damage if it didn't run.

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 3:27AM
More Discussions
Urban Goat and Chicken Raising
Hi there! I live in Karachi, Pakistan which is an urbanized...
saoodhashim
Where are homesteaders going these days?
I was reading through some of the older forums and...
SunnieSue
Cast Iron Cookware...Cleaning Swap Meet Findings
Yesterday I picked up several cast iron skillets from...
Willow_Summerland
How much land to homestead?
We are a young family and we are doing everything we...
michcabby
Rats
I have never had rats but I guess onto every farm a...
Kacee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™