goats and new neighbors

lindamarieMay 5, 2013

I have lived here with my goat friends over 10 years. The people we bought our house and 10 acres from sold the rest of thier 17 acres divide up between a few people who added property to the back of thiers. That was not offered to me. So I have new neighbors who bought property next to and behind me. Supposedly, they plan to build a house next to mine. Meanwhile they are parting in the barn behind my property. I have seen many cars going in and out driving along side and behind my property. They have bonfires and shoot guns. Sometimes I see cars there all night, like they are living there.

All this would not be allowed in NY, where I am from. This in in MS.

Now there has been a issue because my goats have gone over or through the fence a couple of times.

He said he is trying to be a good neighbor, but he is planting a garden back there and is afraid the goats will eat it. I told him I have seen a herd of deer on that road and property and he needs a fence or electric.
SO today when I went to feed the goats at dinner time 5 does and thier kids were not there. I called and whistled. Sent hubby to look next door. I drove around in the car. Then hubby called the sheriff. 2 hrs later he was told the neighbor had them picked up. 3 1/2 hrs and $100 later we had them loaded up and headed home.

My question was why didn't they call me or open the gate and let them back in?

Now we have a plan to refence the back pasture with cattle panels. Something we reaally cann not afford or physically easily do.
And have decided Ben is not really trying to be a nice neighbor

What am I missing here?

I was very upset not knowing where my girls and kids were.
And it was suggested he may take me to court.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nyboy

How many times have your goats been on his property? A good neighbor makes sure their animals stay home.He might have been tired of bring your goats home so called law enforcement for a paper trail.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 3:26PM
More Discussions
Does motion detector lights frighten coyotes?
We just moved onto about 4 acres. We have woods a few...
wannaflower
First step to homesteading
Hello Everyone, I was browsing through Youtube watching...
kesaber
Cast Iron Cookware...Cleaning Swap Meet Findings
Yesterday I picked up several cast iron skillets from...
Willow_Summerland
tanning fish
I have seen a few sights talking about tanning fish...
dtrade83
Pardon my ignorance, but I have roosters to have dressed
I cannot kill and dress my 4 roosters. Does anyone...
Lauren Clear
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™