More blooms

Julia NY(6)July 2, 2014

These were taken over the last couple of days. The heat and humidity is finally subsiding and we just had a good drenching of rain along with some thunder with cooler air moving in.
BLACK FATHOM DEPTHS - this is probably the shorter of the scapes. I think it has around 5 or 6 scapes. but just 4 fans. Not a big increaser yet.

LUNAR MAX - started blooming and does a great opening and so many buds and scapes again this year.

DOUBLE RIVER WYE - always a winner.

COTTAGE CANDY - opened today and has a bit of splotchy but I still love this one. Bud count appears to be down this year.

JEALOUS JAKE - Opened today and has a good scape count but not sure about the budcount.

BLUEBIRD SKY - I have to think about this one as to keeping and moving it or letting it go. 2 scapes and not many buds. Could be where I have it up against the bee balm.

INCENDIARY - this one I think I'll try to find a new home for. It has some good and some bad openings. Good location, increases okay, many scapes but the openings aren't to my liking.

ELOQUENTLY EDGED - Might decide to let this one go too. Not in the best location. Another one up against another clump of bee balm.

GRACE AND GRANDEUR - Each year it would have so many scapes but this year, not so much.

WEB OF INTRIGUE - a bit disappointed with both of the clumps I have. Not many scapes this year. One clump will go but I will always keep a clump.

I took some garden pics but will do another post tomorrow and see what else is blooming. Seedlings have also started opening. More to come.

Julia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shive(6b TN)

That's a beautiful bloom on Incendiary. It's too bad it doesn't usually open well for you. The buds and scapes on Lunar Max look fabulous!

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 9:45PM
organic_kitten(8)

Incendiary is a pretty thing, but I understand about the ones not opening making your teeth grind. Bluebird Sky is really pretty. It might be worth moving. I really like the color on Cottage Candy.
Things are heating up.
kay

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:10PM
mantis__oh

This is a difficult year to evaluate things since we hope it is unusual, but it is also a year to test the merit of plants we were unsure of. Some have to go to make room for better cultivars. Thanks for all the reports.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:16PM
maximus7116(MI)

Too bad about Bluebird Sky, because that's my favorite of the group. Sometimes I've hung on to plants too long because I've loved the face even though the performance wasn't very good. I've gotten better about letting some of those go.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:22PM
statmam(z6)

That's a lovely combination in the Bluebird Sky picture. Too bad the daylily is not thriving in that location.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 10:31PM
deangreen(7b OK)

Lunar Max looks great, I like both photos, nice shots@

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 11:12PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

really nice photos. I don't even see myI NCENDIARY this year, maybe it died. I dint care for it a lot anyway.but I do love GRACE AND GRANDEUR that's a beauty.looks like yours are starting up well.

jean

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 12:35AM
twixanddud(z5/6 SE Mich)

Great photography! Thanks for providing some comments on each daylily too, good to know information.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 5:33AM
nat4b(4)

I really like that Incendiary bloom. Sad to hear about its opening issues. Mine has a scape this year, we'll see.
Love the pics of Lunar Max among all these buds!

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 2:34PM
More Discussions
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
Looking better...Knee and Spring's Arrival
January 10th, while walking across a level floor, carrying...
organic_kitten
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
finally got into this forum,and have to learn how to do it
I had to really hunt to find this forum again and couldn't...
jean zone 8 Ar.
Who's still on the forum?
Uneasy making. Is this still going to work for comments...
organic_kitten
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™