Looking for Double Hibiscus Cutting

comopOctober 2, 2012

Hi,

I can't seem to find a red double hibiscus for sale anywhere. If anyone has it and would not mind sending me a cutting, please let me know. Also let me know if you come across a place that sells them. Thanks.

Here is my trade list:

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/comop

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shuffles_gw

I have Untamed Heart, very double and very red. Some of the photos I've seen on the web are much less so. If you can't find plants, I could send you a stick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Untamed Heart

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 7:21PM
RetiredFlorida(9)

I have seen a couple in town, blooming so beautifully now. I've been thinking of trying to get some cuttings but I have no clue how I would prepare one to send. I have a double orange that is a very healthy plant.

Darren

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 7:44PM
merkity

that looks like mine - unfortunately it is not a healthy plant right now - it has a major infestation pests i am trying to get rid of. the flowers aren't that big though only about 4-5 inches or so.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 9:51PM
hermie3rd(5)

Hi Comop,

I think I may have the hibiscus you are looking for. It is a plant produced from a cutting from my grandmother's plant, which is approximately 50 years old. I know this post is old, but if you are still interested, let me know!

I'm including a pic of it, so you can see if that is what you are looking for (if you still need it).

Bookmark   September 7, 2013 at 7:28PM
Devi.S(8)

Hello Hermie3rd,
Iam interested in this double hibiscus. I grow Jasmines and a few hibiscus plants. Please let me know .Thanks.
Lakshmi.

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 2:52PM
hermie3rd(5)

Hi Lakshmi,

I would be happy to provide you with some cuttings. I'm not sure the best way to send them to you - should I dip them in rooting hormone, or just wrap them in wet paper towels and send them to you?

If you would be willing to trade, that would be great! Can you be more specific on what types of jasmine and hibiscus plants you have?

Thanks!
Renee

Bookmark   September 30, 2013 at 2:59PM
Devi.S(8)

Thanks Renee for the offer. I have sent email to you. When you find time, please respond .
Best regards,
Lakshmi.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 9:02PM
hermie3rd(5)

Lakshmi - I never received your email. I sent you an email from here, telling you that, but then realized there may be something wrong with the GF emailing system. Can you please resend it to my hotmail account that is listed on here?

Thanks!
Renee

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 6:12AM
More Discussions
Is my hibiscus dead?
I bought 2 hibicuses last year, and they did wonderfully....
chloe3871
Beautiful indoor hibiscus bloom
Nothing is better to help you survive the dreary winter...
arctictropical
How beautful are these!!!
These are winter hardy hibiscus that i just ordered. They...
tlbean2004
Hibiscus in Spanish
Can anyone tell me what the Spanish name is for a hibiscus...
jardinerafloridana
Tropical Hibiscus flowers turned from orange to pale yellow
I bought a tropical hibiscus around 4 months ago and...
AmySA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™