How can I use Ball labels that came with jars

yummykazMay 28, 2011

My handwriting is bad. How can I use the free labels that came with jars? I need a template for microsoft

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Depends on which labels they are as there are several different forms. But you printer should already have a template for most of them as they are all Avery standard shapes and sizes - 2 inch circles, 2" rectangles, etc.

That said many avoid using the labels anyway as they are difficult to remove the following year.

Dave

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 1:44PM
Linda_Lou(SW Wa.)

How about printing off what you want on the computer as far as words, then tape them on the labels with clear tape ? I know my printer would not take the free labels. I have to use plain labels in standard sizes.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 5:28PM
calliope(6)

I don't use labels on my jars for the reason digdirt mentions. However, lids are not reused, so if you use labels, use small enough ones and slap them on the lids. Myself, I use an indelible marker on the lids, and my handwriting is atrocious. LOL.

If you are doing county fair or gifts, sometimes fancy lables are necessary as part of the presentation. I have gummed standard sized address labels I use in my business and most word processing programs come with standard templates and they can be offloaded from Avery for free, I believe. You can mount them to your fancy label, I imagine.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 8:12AM
dgkritch(Z8 OR)

try labelsbythesheet.com
They have lots of free templates for all the labels they sell.
I use their 2" and 2 1/2" labels on my canning lids, then create my own, but they sell many sizes and shapes and might have a template that matches the labels you have.

Deanna

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 12:09PM
John__ShowMe__USA(5/6)

I'm very happy with this place: http://www.onlinelabels.com/ And I've used versions of this program for 13-14 years now for making cards, labels, printing on envelopes etc. PrintMaster And I'm sure you can find much cheaper versions on Amazon.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 4:16PM
steve22802(7a VA)

I've come up with a labeling method that works pretty good for me. I use regular paper and print off narrow columns of text that I can cut into small rectangles (about 1.5x0.75 inches) to attach to the jar lids. I spray a whole strip with spray adhesive and then wait about 2 minutes for it to turn tacky which makes it less messy. Then I take the strip over to a row of jars and stick the tip of the strip to a lid and then snip it free with scissors. Here's a picture:

Bookmark   October 19, 2011 at 7:55PM
novicegardner(7)

I created my own in Excel. It took a bit of formatting but worked pretty well. Just make sure to size and orient your page correctly.

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 12:49PM
More Discussions
Which fish varieties can (or can't) be pressured canned?
My husband Fishes. And Catches. My freezer already...
jill2761
Jerusalem artichokes
Hi, I harvested my Jerusalem artichokes and brushed...
jokuehn
Does anyone use a pH meter in home canning?
My question is about the Wisconsin extension document...
randaloulton
Starting my own recipe
I love to cook, so how do I preserve my own recipes...
newatcanning
what i put up 2015
Looks like it's time to start this thread again, so...
misskimmie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™