cutting back and moving

siliwabitOctober 15, 2006

I have two very large hibscus plants I would like to move to an area where they will get more sun, question is when is the best time to cut them back and move them? Should I cut them back and wait a week or so before moving them? Should I not cut them back before moving them? Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance. Kimi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

Kimi, the best time to move Hibs indoors is when the temps dip in the low 50's. There's no reason to prune unless you have it's required for space, or stems are far and between leaves. If either reason is the case, I'd cut back now..Since Hibs bloom throughout the yr, pruning can interfer w/flowering, but since Hibs bloom more in summer, now would be an ideal time..Toni

Bookmark   October 18, 2006 at 2:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
salishan

hello all, hoping someone can give me advice about digging up a hibiscus plant so i can move it. she started off as a small hibby in a little plastic pot and i planted her and now she is a lovely 3 foot tall by 2 foot wide blooming plant. her flowers are the colour of tangerine. i am moving now and hate to leave her behind. any advice? thanks

Bookmark   December 12, 2006 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Habiscus
looking for all colors
suzen221
Help with an OLD hibiscus tree
This tree was planted long before we bought the house....
Crenda SWFL 10A
baby herd a little over 3 months
Here is my little seedling herd a little over 3 months...
merkity
Sunny Wind winterized
this is a pic of my sunny Wind. In the summer it is...
merkity
Tropical Hibiscus flowers turned from orange to pale yellow
I bought a tropical hibiscus around 4 months ago and...
AmySA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™