Triple Pink Confederate Rose

michellesg(z8bTX)October 17, 2007

This past April I received a triple Confederate Rose at our local plant swap (thank you Patty!). I had never seen one so I did not know what a gem I had. It bloomed today and I am so amazed, it's beautiful!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hibsicus(Keithville,La.)

Hi, it looks like my double pink confederate rose,and they are so pretty.I also have a double white,that someone gave me,last year,and then later in the day,turns light pink,so pretty.No seeds so far,the blooms,have fallen off,but do have other buds.The double confederate rose are so pretty.If you want more seeds, I have plenty,also single white.

Margaret

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 8:36PM
tsmith2579(7B)

In Alabama we call it a double but they are beautiful, aren't they. Don't worry with collecting seeds. These things root way too easily. Cut off mature limbs and cut them into 12 -16 inch pieces. Stick them into a pot of moist soil and put them in a warm place with light. Keep moist and warm. Pretty soon you will have new leaves and by spring you will have very, very tender roots. Turn the pot on its side and squirt water into the pot to wash away the dirt. Transplant, water, fertilize and stand back. There are also single white and single deep pink varieties which bloom all summer. I have the double white-to-pink, double pink and single dark pink.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 10:02PM
sewnmom7

michell, don't ya just love this flower. i've had mine 3 yrs. now,love it more each yr.where do you live, your dirt looks so dark & rich.enjoy ,molly

Bookmark   November 17, 2007 at 7:50PM
michellesg(z8bTX)

I do love it, almost more than my roses (shh, don't tell anyone on the rose forums). I'm in San Antonio hill country where all the dirt is 1" of clay leading to solid rock. What you're looking at is wet mulch, very deceiving!

Bookmark   November 17, 2007 at 9:44PM
shortyhead

Margaret, I'm in McComb, Mississippi, and I would love to have some seeds. This is my first year to grow a hibiscus, and I'm ignorant. Can I save my dinner plate size hibiscus by putting in the back of my open air garage and do I cut it back?

Jim

Bookmark   November 29, 2007 at 6:26PM
More Discussions
Epsom Salt or Vinegar to help Blooms
Which one is better suited to encourage blooming?
bradley787
Hibiscus from cuttings ??
I was lucky to obtain a cutting from a lovely yellow...
Country Sunflower
A very nice "weed"
This one grows as a weed at my place, in that it self...
tropicbreezent
Hibiscus Fertilizer
I purchased a container of Carl Pool hibiscus food...
elizabethk1
Name that Hibiscus?
This is my favorite, but I don't have a tag; I got...
steiconi
Sponsored Products
Faux Sheepskin Shag Area Rug (3' x 5')
Overstock.com
Stacy Garcia Chevron Pride Pink Swag Style Plug-In Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Charleston Chirp Quilted 20 in. Square Pillow Multicolor - 11396020X020PPY
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Spring Garden Wreath
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
Rizzy Home Pink 18 Inch x 18 Inch Pillow Cover with Hidden Zipper
$54.00 | Bellacor