please help me ID my hibiscus!

aocain(8)November 14, 2009

hello my plant was very dear to me- it was found in the middle of the river in georgia- growing wild but dying from insect infestation- so we removed part of it and it grew huge for many years - it finally died and i would love to replace the plant with the right one.. it was also planted outside at one point and grew over 6 feet tall and had dark green leaves and it was white with almost pionty blooms with red- dark dark red eye large eye too....

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/aocain/allithehybisqis.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/aocain/12-1.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsmith2579(7B)

I have it. What do you have to trade?

Bookmark   November 29, 2009 at 1:41AM
aocain(8)

I sent yoou a message to see if you still had the plant at all.. i dont know why i didnt get an email saying i had a response.. but not long after posting i had my computer crash and lost everytjing so i couldnt even remember what forum i had been on.. if you still have it please let me know. I sent you some pics tobmake sure it was it. I cant try to post here

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 3:17AM
aocain(8)

As a bush

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 3:18AM
Gutzmek(6)

Aocain,
This looks like Hibiscus Lasiocarpos. It is a wild growing variety of swamp mallows, and enjoys a wet environment. I managed to run across several of these in Missouri last year growing next to the Mississippi River and collected several seed pods. I can send you some seeds to start if you like. Below is a link to the plant.

Ed

Here is a link that might be useful: H. Lasiocarpos

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 8:49PM
Gutzmek(6)

Here is a picture I took during the visit.

Ed

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 10:34PM
aocain(8)

Oh god that would make me soooo happy. I have so missed it. I got it when my fiancé went into the river and "rescued" it... it was dying it was just covered in spiders and stuff it looked like it was suffocating. I had it for so many ears.. my fiancé passed away and it was something that was apart of us. I had planted part of it at my parents old house in Alabama and took part of it with me when I moved back to texas.. and then my died suddenly. and my parents had moved and I even wrote the family that moved in and they had dug it out because it had completely covered the window area. is there variations? mine looks like it had pointed petals.. but otherwise it looks exactly like it even the leaves.. whch is what usually told me looking at others that they were not the same.
I don't have a lot to trade for I moved into a smaller apartment last year and had tp give away most of my large plants.. my new place only has the front small porch no balcony..but I could put it right next to my front door and it would get good sun. But I do have a few plants nothing very special.. some succulents and a devils backbone a large snake plant and other s that are just regular houseplants. but I will send you something if you want and can you put a note on how to grow it.. I never had a lot of luck with seeds before.. I tend to either drown them pplant too deep not deep enough etc..lol. have you grown it from those seeds? any tips?
Than you so much. it means a lot to me.. I know it may seem silly.. its not tech. the same plant.. but it is...

Bookmark   March 8, 2014 at 1:47AM
Gutzmek(6)

Aocain,
Please let me express my condolences on your loss! And although I have have not experienced the loss of a life partner, I did loose several friends in the military. I would be honored to assist in helping you get "something" that has meaning.

Ed

Bookmark   March 8, 2014 at 9:27PM
aocain(8)

Hi Ed..
did you get my email? I wasnt sure if i did it right.
Just want to make sure.

Alli

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 9:56PM
aocain(8)

Hi Ed..
did you get my email? I wasnt sure if i did it right.
Just want to make sure.

Alli

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 9:57PM
Gutzmek(6)

Alli,
I am sorry if I have not responded.
I did receive your email and will send a response. I will add my work email also.
Ed

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 11:54PM
Gutzmek(6)

Alli,
Did you receive my email?

Ed

Bookmark   March 25, 2014 at 10:05PM
aocain(8)

Uto my real email address? I did ... didnt i write you back? It was a week or so ago right? Damn i dont know what happened. I will get on my regular email and look for it. I know i have a real email for you that you sent.. sorry i thought it got sent to you.. sorry.

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 3:18AM
More Discussions
Abelmoschus Manihot problem
I have a question about my Abelmoschus Manihot. I've...
marricgardens
Name that Hibiscus?
This is my favorite, but I don't have a tag; I got...
steiconi
Main stem brittle, dark brown and withered but the Roots are ...
Hi. So my the stems of my hibiscus have all withered,...
sammyyummy
Epsom Salt or Vinegar to help Blooms
Which one is better suited to encourage blooming?
bradley787
Searching for a 'Bloom Holder'....
Greetings, Does anyone know where I might find a hibiscus...
gardenlady48
Sponsored Products
RION Furniture - Charles Hand Rubbed Black Bench - SOF173HB
Great Furniture Deal
Series 7017 Opal Matte White Sconce
$144.00 | Bellacor
Avanity ELLE-M22-PW 22 2 wood shelves Mirror in Pear Wood finish
$189.00 | Blue Bath
Dimond Ingelside Desk Lamp D2176 - D2176
$178.00 | Hayneedle
Carnevale Taupe Feather Linear Suspension by Oggetti Luce
$886.00 | Lumens