Basil turning yellow

chillout_cyJune 15, 2014

Hi everyone. About a month ago my good friend next door gave me some basil cuttings which I duly rooted in some water. There's about 8 of them and I put them in a good sized pot with fresh substrate. They were growing very nicely, getting largish so I decided to put them in the garden. Straight out of the pot, soil included.
Within a few days they've started to look odd, yellowy and the leaves look as though they're closing up. We've both got the same soil in our gardens and the same amount of shade(where they're planted). We live in Cyprus and the summer heat is just beginning to take off(it's 28c 82f today). Hers looks great but mine looks a bit sorry for itself! I'm wondering if I've shocked it by moving it? Also I'm watering it, like most things everyday now. Too much?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fatamorgana2121

Plant doesn't look too bad for having just planted it outside. But did you harden your plant off first? Going from indoor to outdoor conditions is hard on a plant. You have to get them used to being outdoors gradually - first in a sheltered location then in a more open location before planting in the ground for best results.

At this point, I would care for it as your other garden plants and see how it does.

FataMorgana

Bookmark   June 15, 2014 at 6:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chillout_cy

Thanks. It's always been outside. I'll wait and see what happens.

Bookmark   June 16, 2014 at 4:59AM
More Discussions
Bushy Dill
I am an admirer of the the large and lush fresh dill...
chervil2
Need help with basil and other herbs
I am trying to grow herbs and I live in India. Firstly,...
zenovia_p
Leaning Basil
I have this basil I grew from a cutting and since I...
Shower-MayFlower
thyme as a house plant
HAPPY 2015 with snow on the ground (just a dusting)...
mauri256
Small ant like insect in chamomile flower
Hello dear friends This is first time I am growing...
saoodhashim
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™