FHIA 23 banana

tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)July 14, 2012

Tina was by last night, told her I'd post a picture the year I grew this banana, most productive I've ever grown but my place is so small I just don't have room for them :-(

Tom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beopposed(9)

Wow! That's awesome! Too bad you don't have space for it. I think you're the one I got the dwarf cavendish from, at Lori's swap. It's doing really well and I plan to keep it in a container as long as possible :).

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:44AM
Beopposed(9)

Actually, I think it was the other Tom now that I think about it...

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:47AM
tinael01(10A)

That is one beautiful banana, Tom! I have never seen anyone grow a bunch that large.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 10:57AM
saldut

WOW! that is one fantastic bunch! Tina, and Tom, if you happen to have a spare 'pup', could I possibly put a leash on it and bring it home...to my back-yard,, next to the Ice Cream and the Ladyfinger ones already there..and yes, Tina I remember you offered me a pup and maybe I should take you up on it! I am so taken w/that stalk, I guess if Cal and the kids and I can't eat them all I can give some to the Staghorns! thanx, sally

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 3:51PM
saldut

WOW! that is one fantastic bunch! Tina, and Tom, if you happen to have a spare 'pup', could I possibly put a leash on it and bring it home...to my back-yard,, next to the Ice Cream and the Ladyfinger ones already there..and yes, Tina I remember you offered me a pup and maybe I should take you up on it! I am so taken w/that stalk, I guess if Cal and the kids and I can't eat them all I can give some to the Staghorns! thanx, sally

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 3:52PM
zackey(GA 8b)

Wow! I never saw such a big bunch!

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 4:49PM
wallisadi

I'm thinking banana bread.....freeze them and make as you need it...

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 8:16PM
rednofl(9b Goldenrod Fl hz 10)

Wow This year is the best I've had for bananas but nothing that productive. How tall does it normally get ? What is the taste like ? I have been very disappointed with my Ice Creams and I am looking to replace then.

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 6:47AM
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

Thanks folks, the bananas are long gone now, that was 4-5 years ago but that area was just too small for bananas. Small tree to 10', excellent tasting bananas, I highly recommend this variety if you want LOTS or great tasting nanners.

Tom

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 8:23AM
tinael01(10A)

Hi Sally, I don't have this variety but I have a jamaican red, nam wah, raja puri, jamaican plantain, dwarf cavendish, double hanoi, medium cavendish, and one I have no idea it came from my brother in law and it was given to him. They will all have pups at sometime or another so just place your order.

Tina

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 9:21AM
saldut

Thanx Tina, now I am in a dither, you'll have to sort it out for me, which is the best-tasting and all that...and yes, let me know when you do have a spare pup I'll place my order now and get in the waiting-line...sally

Bookmark   July 15, 2012 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Where can I get Ceropegia woodii?
Hello folks, This new format will take some getting...
flowerladylorraine
id for pretty plant
Can someone ID this plant? I got it years ago from...
linda_leaf z10fla
Tomato varieties good from now to early summer?
I am in zone 10A or B—can't quite make out where...
pattybee
bought a green shell ginger--will I be sorry?
I rescued a green Alpinia zerumbet (not the variegated...
marcia_m
Avocado wilt
I think we have the red bay wilt on our avocado. No...
DunedinDan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™