swap

annielu(OH)July 21, 2008

Just wondering if the person got my hostas in the swap. I have not heard anything. This was my first time doing this, and I was really unsure. I hope they liked them. They came from my dad's garden, and he passed away last year. He was always puttering around outside and he gave me some hostas. I thought this would be a wonderful way to share my dad's love of gardening, but now I'm not sure.

I'm just a newbie at this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Janice

Oh my Annie! I can understand how you must be feeling! No email or anything to confirm and say "thank you"?

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 11:17AM
newhostaaddict

i have noticed that a Lot of people seem to be "Too Busy" to post that they have received their package....OR even a thank you...

takes away a bit of the fun; which is part of the purpose of the "secret trade"...

jmho....jill

Bookmark   July 29, 2008 at 10:51PM
Janice

That is why--if I were to trade--which I don't because of certain 'nematode' areas--in the past
and now current--I would only trade with those who post regularly!

I don't want to just be a 'source' of accruing more hosta--I want to be a 'friend' who shares
with another 'friend'! I want to have a 'personality' connected to the one receiving
my hosta, and from whom I'm receiving them.

Not that folks who don't post can't be trusted, but again, it's not about 'accruing' with me!
I've received some very nice hosta, from the generous hearts of hosta folk on this forum
and they will be treasured and the memory of who gave them to me, will also be 'treasured'!

I'm also not at a point I would want to dig and divide--for the most part! I'm still a 'baby' in hosta world!! :o)

Bookmark   July 30, 2008 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
houzz search
We can no longer search under specific forums? Forgive...
smorz
Here we go again !
I seem to recall that about this time last year I posted...
tiddisolo z8 Wales UK
Hosta Ruffled 2014
The kiss of the sun for pardon, The song of the birds...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™