More catching up to do

Waitforspring(6 MA)July 5, 2012

Here are a few more things that are blooming here this week.

Val

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Catch up blooms all looking favulous. Bill Norris always looks great, does that one ever look bad lol? It is a beauty. Also really liking Pure And Simple and Pocket Change.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 11:40PM
mantis__oh

Tar and Feather always provides a nice early spot of color here, and sometimes it reblooms. It is Finished looks like a bright one too.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 5:39AM
blue23rose(6b IN)

I like all of these. Too tough to choose a favorite:) I also noticed how green and healthy the foliage looks. I'm afraid the hot, dry weather has brown most of mine out so good pictures have been scarce for me this year.

Vickie

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 6:49AM
hostabff

I really like the strong contrast of the dark puple and chartruece throat on Bold Vision.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 7:12AM
Julia NY(6)

I've put BILL NORRIS on my wish list. Seems from all the pics I've seen it is a winner in the garden.

All lovely photos.

Julia

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 7:42AM
maximus7116(MI)

Great group of daylilies, but my favorites are It Is Finished and Bill Norris. For some reason, yellows seem to get overlooked when people name their favorites, and Bill Norris is such a great plant it deserves some praise.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 8:24AM
organic_kitten(8)

What a nice group of plants! Don Diego and Bill Norris are my favorites, but there are so many pretty group[s here, Val. You garden must be lovely.
kay

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 9:48AM
nat4b(4)

All lovely and I especially like Bold Vision and It is Finished today, and oh yes, green foliage!

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 1:43PM
shive(6b TN)

Great photos! Bill Norris and It Is Finished are my favorites. I just got It Is Finished in May. It looks like it's going to be a very pretty red.

Debra

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 1:51PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

Pure and Simple is my favorite because it always looks great. (I agree with the 'pure' but not the 'simple'....it's way too pretty to have a name like that!) Bill Norris continues to be popular here on the forum because it just never has a 'bad hair day'...LOL.

Celeste

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 2:33PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

I agree with all of you about BILL NORRIS. Does seem like yellow doesn't get much respect, but it's one of my favorite daylily colors.

Debra, I think you'll really like IT IS FINISHED. It's a big, beautiful red.

Celeste, you're right PURE AND SIMPLE does aways look perfect. I do wish it had more flowers per scape.

Rita, POCKET CHANGE is one of my old favorites. It's a red that never looks splotchy and always looks good.

Vickie, I could show you lots of brown foliage. It's been very dry here. I've also had lots of buds drop.

Mantis, I've never had TAR AND FEATHER rebloom for me, but this may be the year.
Val

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 10:37PM
Cindy zone 6a

Like them all, I have Gillian, and that is a favorite here. Tar and Feather has been on that long list of mine!
cindy

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 8:12PM
avedon_gw

Love them all, but Bold Vision really stands out for me. Avedon

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 8:23PM
Waitforspring(6 MA)

Cindy, I love GILLIAN and it was one of the most admired daylilies in my garden last year.

Avedon, BOLD VISION is having a great year. For some reason the color is more saturated. It increases well and always opens well, but it could have a higher bud count.
Val

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 8:42PM
More Discussions
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
As I Promised, Photos...Spring's Coming
Here you go, As I said, it is just the beginning, but...
organic_kitten
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
NOIDS
Like Indian cast system the NOIDs appear to be low...
brigarif Khan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™