Big Lots has canning jars now

ksrogers(EasternMass Z6)June 27, 2007

Just visited the local Big Lots store in Peabody MA and they had a few stacks of regular mouth quarts, pints, and half pints (jelly jars), of the Golden Harvest brand. Prices range between $6.50 to $7.00 per case of 12.. get there early!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shirleywny5(5)

Ken,
I love the Big Lot's store. It is only 2 miles from my house. I already bought 35 dozen lids and 6 dozen of the 8oz. jelly jars. The jelly jars have the fruit designs on them. I like them better than the Ball quilted. They have many stacks of all kinds of Golden Harvest jars and lids. I wish Golden Harvest would make wide mouth lids.

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 4:01PM
ksrogers(EasternMass Z6)

I didn't find a single box of lids at the local Big Lots. Unless Golden Harvest brand offers wide mouth jars, they may not offer the wide mouth lids. Most of mine are regulars, as they are easier to open when you have arthritis in your fingers

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 7:01PM
shirleywny5(5)

Ken,
I did find cases of Golden Harvest wide mouth quarts at Big Lots at $10. a dozen with lids attached. They didn't have the separate wide lids though.

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 8:27PM
ksrogers(EasternMass Z6)

Thats what I also saw last year. I guess GH brand doesn't have the wide mought lids alone. These aren't too expensive (Ball brand) if you can locate boxes of more than a dozen. I think they can be bought as a bulk item too, or at least a case lot, from another source.

Bookmark   June 29, 2007 at 5:59AM
More Discussions
What to grind with?
I want to grind up some garlic and some onions to make...
woco
habanero gold question?
All the directions for habanero gold jelly call for...
jadeite
Cherry jam not setting
I made sweet cherry jam yesterday, without added pectin...
creativesolver
Roasting previously frozen peppers
Has anyone had any experience either oven roasting...
ekgrows
If I ever add hot peppers to my canning again I hopesomeone slaps my
hands........if I ever can again ....I will never add...
jeanwedding
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™