Garden path done

KaraLynn(z9 FL, Inverness, Citrus)July 1, 2013

I know that in order to let my arm heal I'm not supposed to do any heavy lifting but I had to get this garden path done. I have a down spout that drains into this area and the stone path doubles as a kind of dry stream bed. As I had removed all of the rocks that formed the old path the area was turning into a mud pit and since this is how I get to the hose bib I had to get the new path in place. Fortuneatly none of the rocks were too heavy and I was able to complete the path without causing any more damage to my elbow. I'm very pleased with the finished path!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ibarbidahl(9 (tampa-ish))

Looks lovely!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 1:45PM
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake

I'm telling your doctor!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 2:44PM
wallisadi

Looks great! Love hardscapes, got enough plants, need to concentrate on it! Do the same thing here physically, push way beyond my limits.....but if it ends up that nice......:)

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 3:40PM
morningloree(9b)

Very nice, I need to be inspired to do the same.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 4:54PM
KaraLynn(z9 FL, Inverness, Citrus)

No need to bring my doctor into this! I promise this is the last project dealing with rocks I'll work on until after my elbow heals! lol

I love looking at well done hardscapes almost as much as I do the plants. While my garden has plenty of rock in it there is so much more I'd like to do, a pergola by the back door, a greenhouse, a hammock with mosquito netting under the big oak tree...dreaming things up is the easy part, finding the money and time to make them reality is more tricky!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 5:06PM
laura1(9aTpa,FL)

nice job kara. a gardeners job is never done. I have a path way that needs to be tweeked/moved over about a foot or so but it involves about 15 to 20 feet of moving and refitting the flagstones. I'm not rushing into that job. However I will be much happier when it is done and it doesn't involve $$.

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 6:07AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

I love it! The rocks are so pretty. Sorry about the physical part! You're in abundant company on that. Your as-yet-fantasy projects sound great also. Hoping you heal well and soon!

Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 12:31PM
More Discussions
I'm in NJ, my plants are in Florida..
...should I call my friend who's using my house right...
maja127
New Floridian gardener
Im a snowbird who is loving gardening all year long...
juttz
New houzz look
Can't get used to this yet. Or like it. That soft...
irma_stpete_9b
Avocado wilt
I think we have the red bay wilt on our avocado. No...
DunedinDan
Planting Spices
Hey folks, I was doing a bit of google searching, which...
silver4490
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™