Ball/Kerr Coupon

gin_gin(5)June 16, 2012

Just thought I'd share, on smartsource.com there's a coupon for $3.00 off 2 cases of Ball or Kerr jars. It came in handy since I'm a newbie canner & needed jars!

Cheers,

Virginia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamala9

does anyone have one of these? know where i can get parts?

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 10:06PM
junelynn(7NC)

gin gin...check the thrift stores also!! I found two pressure canners that way (new gauges and gaskets required) and many jars through the years.
Just always chek the rims, make sure they are smooth...be careful checking them, don't cut fingers...

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 2:40PM
gin_gin(5)

Junelynn, there's a Goodwill near me I check pretty often. Haven't seen a pressure canner yet. I found some jars there, but they wanted $1-2 each with no rings. They're cheaper new!

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 4:04PM
2ajsmama

Oh yeah, the Goodwill near me asks $1 for jelly jars with no rings! I wait til they're half price and then it's (a little) cheaper than new. I keep looking for a pressure canner too (missed one on CL).

But I scored 7 cup-and-a-half jars (the type Ball just brought back) for $1 at church tag sale this weekend! DH was helping set up there while I was pricing at the plant sale at the other end of the yard, he called me over and asked if I needed any quarts, I said no, but opened the box when I wandered over later and saw these beauties!

I'd have to count, I think I've got 10 now...

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
What to grind with?
I want to grind up some garlic and some onions to make...
woco
Roasting previously frozen peppers
Has anyone had any experience either oven roasting...
ekgrows
Jerusalem artichokes
Hi, I harvested my Jerusalem artichokes and brushed...
jokuehn
what i put up 2015
Looks like it's time to start this thread again, so...
misskimmie
Who uses the foodsaver?
I haven't canned in several years. I've been gardening...
nancyjane_gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™