A crazy one, sibs, and one more..

silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)August 5, 2012

The first time Ive ever seen this flower.. frankly its wacky, lol.

I dont know to use it , discard it, or let it be for 2 more years and see what it does..

Here is a picture of two sibs... to show you how close they look to each other, its the leslee renee x ss cross, the one on the left is the superiour one, it can have thicker edging in the right days, has a superiour eyezone, lays flater, the one on the right is very similiar, but doesnt always look as pretty. I have alot of pods on the one on the right this year.

The cosmic oddessey x jitterbug blues, it hasnt taken pods yet, but ive used its pollen around, its really young though, so it still might set in the future.

Silverkelt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houstmag

I don't know I like the first one and would give it some more time, your third seedling to me is a stunner.
Linda

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 7:36AM
Julia NY(6)

I'd also give the first one another year.

Is your second seedling comparison pic top heavy in buds?

I agree, the last seedling pic would be my pick. Love the pencil edging of the two different colors.

Julia

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:45AM
organic_kitten(8)

I agree. I think that first one deserves time to "settle in".

That last seedling is a beauty.
kay

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:46AM
avedon_gw

Love the last seedling. Avedon

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 9:59AM
Polymerous(9b)

That last seedling is striking. I'm not that up on eyed daylilies so I can't say that if it is distinctive or not, but it is at least both unusual (not just another pink (not dissing your pink seedling!)) and pretty. Congrats!

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:05PM
silverkelt(Z5b/Southern Maine)

The last one is only a improvement if you consider a white base superiour to the mauve one that cosmic shows.. otherwise its pretty similiar. I think it contrasts more with the white base , but it wouldnt differ enough to do anything with other then breed with it.

Its pretty subtle but its a triple colour edge with the dark purple, light purple and fine gold edge.

I understand about the pinks, but a friend of mine raved about the power of leslee renee to start to take blue eyes, thats my plan , if I can get a crop based out of my heaviest pie crusting edges with it, If I get one showing that same familiar eye zone, with a heavier pie crusting, I will then go back into my blue eyed lines. Ive tried it already it hasnt done what I wanted yet, but I will continue trying. (though the seedling I got, is still wonderful from that try, it just isnt the heavy blue eye with a pink wash background Im looking for, I have no doubt people will be years ahead of me before I get one that I want, but thats ok, Im also breeding for cold zones, or colder zones I should say)

Silverkelt

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:25PM
More Discussions
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
Let's se those perfect "P" and "Q" daylilies!
It is time for the P and Q daylily pictures! I am cuious...
sherrygirl zone5
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
NOIDS! The last alphabet post!
This has been fun! Now alot of us have to wait for...
sherrygirl zone5
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™