Just 2 pics

Julia NY(6)August 8, 2012

Still plugging away at dividing and moving plants but had to give up on it over the weekend since we hit another hot/humid spell.Rain came but not that much. Monday brought much cooler and pleasant weather so back to moving a few more. However, weather forecast for today through Friday is hot and humid again with showers possibly everyday.

I took these yesterday when our morning temp was at 59 degrees.

RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE - blooming again but still has short scapes. It is new this spring so can't complain about the short scapes. It did poly though.

ROUEN CATHEDRAL - just amazing how many scapes and buds are left to open.

I have to tackle my very large clumps of WEB OF INTRIGUE and BAHAMA BUTTERSCOTCH. I'm procrastinating a bit as I know these are going to be back breakers.

Time to get started.

Julia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marricgardens

I love polymerous daylilies so my favorite is Rambunctious Rosie. It's also named after my dog so it goes on my never ending list. Marg

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 8:49AM
avedon_gw

Love the picture of Rambunctious Rosie, naturally, since it will arrive here in the fall. Hoping next spring to get some flowers as good as yours have been. Be careful digging and dividing, don't throw out your back. Those big clumps are difficult to get out. We need to do lots of ours, considering calling up the neighbors who like DLs and seeing if they would like to help--we'll be glad to give plants to them if they are interested. Avedon

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 11:21AM
organic_kitten(8)

How pretty they both are, Julia! I especially like Rambunctious Rosie since I too really like polys.
kay

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 1:46PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Beautiful! I have managed to avoid dividing any daylilies this year although I am sure I really should.

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 3:04PM
Julia NY(6)

Thank you for the comments. RR certainly is rambunctious for a new planting.

I got both - WOI and BB - dug, divided and replanted one clump in the back and one in the front. I had so much extra I stuck the remainder in buckets of water till the heat passes again and then decide what to do with the remainder.
No rain so far but they keep saying we are going to get some. I noticed when I dug the two out, the soil was very dry. I'm sure I'll lose blooms next year but I'd rather do it this year instead of waiting another year.

Julia

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 6:23PM
More Discussions
WARNING- do not use EcoSmart Grass & Weed Killer
I just sprayed this on my grass inbetween the cracks...
dani_plus_2
"Debugging" New Dayliles
Last year I ordered some dayliles online I think may...
antlil
Jean
I'm afraid Jean is discouraged. Hope she won't quit...
organic_kitten
Just heard from Jean
Changing from the old Gardenweb to Houzz and the signing...
organic_kitten
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™