Looking to find Mojito, wintergreen, cotton candy mints ect!

melis001(8)July 8, 2008

I am toying with buying some mints from Richter's. I have heard their horrible reviews on different garden sites. Does anyone have any mojito, sister julie's wintergreen, cotton candy, pink candypops, oregano thyme, or citrus kitchen mints that they would be interested in trading. Right now I have orange, chocolate, peppermint & lemon mints. Soon will have lavender, banana, lime, pear, ginger, spearmint, grapefruit, and pineapple.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ksrogers(EasternMass Z6)

Richters have been quite decent for me. Some of the plants I bought (6 minimum) had died son after transplant, but the remaining ones are doing just fine now. I notified them immediatly and they credited me for the loss. Shipping plants is always risky as I have had my share of garbage not even fit for a composte pile arrive 2 months after teh order was to be shipped. Plantron, and their offspring, House of Westly, Four Seasons, and several others owned by 'Plantron' are the worst to deal with. Never again from any of them, even though they all send me many catalogs every year. If the local small nurseries around you cna order the plants you want, maybe thats the best way to go. Richters is not a bad company to deal with as I said before, only because I have not had any negative actions that they wouldnt address in a timely manner. In fact, I have an outstanding order for the Saffron crocus I plant in fall.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 11:48AM
melis001(8)

Thank you for that info. Just hard to decide which ones to try. I am a garden hoarder. As soon as I find a plant I like I had to get all that exist. I have about 15 different kinds of canna, and about that many gingers. Drives my husband nuts. I try and make sure I can't trade for something before I go and buy it. Now I have to worry about how to keep this many mint plants separate! Thankfully we have over an acre. Thanks again.

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 1:13PM
girlwithagreenthumb(9)

I checked your trade list and you have lots of herbs! I would love to trade or SASBE for some!

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 2:20AM
More Discussions
Growing herbs
Hi all new to this gardening so want as someone something. I...
margowicz
Leaning Basil
I have this basil I grew from a cutting and since I...
Shower-MayFlower
Where can I get Equisetum arvense or Horsetail
I've been looking for Equisetum arvense or Horsetail...
forestelves
I need help in mulching
What kind of mulch should I use in my herb garden?? my...
Keith Peñaflorida
Why is my basil wilted?
My roommate picked up this basil from the grocery store....
endi92
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™