Fall Intros

opnjmprsAugust 21, 2014

While cruising daylily sites yesterday, I noticed that Floyd Cove Nursery has their new fall intros up. I saw 3 that I'm putting on my early Christmas wish list.

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
opnjmprs

No need to let this hang. I'm not a Floyd Cove advertiser....but I do like some of their intros.

Linda

Bookmark   August 21, 2014 at 9:54PM
lemonthyme5

I've taken advantage of a local DL farm that has a 30% off sale in the fall. I was able to purchase a recent introduction (2011) for less than what the hybridizer offers it for. I wouldn't have been able to buy it if it were full price!

Bookmark   August 22, 2014 at 8:13AM
shive(6b TN)

Which three grabbed you? I got the catalog yesterday but didn't see anything that looked different from what I already have.

Debra

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 10:54AM
lynxe

I received the catalog the other day, and several really wowed me. I want JOLLY GOOD YELLOW! I also like the ones out of tet TEXAS KALEIDOSCOPE. Other favorites include PEAK OF PERFECTION, which sounds like it'd put on a fantastic display, and the dreamy HEARTS OF DIXIE, which apparently has at least one dormant one in its background.

But I have had mixed success with the southern stuff. Some, like GET JIGGY, are just wonderful; others have croaked during their first winter. I'm sure dormancy in the background is a key element, if not the key one. My inclination is to let other northern collectors buy at intro prices and test grow for me. So, Linda, let me know how your three do for you. ;)

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 11:29AM
opnjmprs

The 4 I like most are Barracuda Bite (more teeth genetics to play with), Jolly Good Yellow (wasn't on their website when I posted), Roman Steel, and Going Big Time.

Lynxe, Summer Crown rot has been more of a loss issue for me than nasty winter cold. The majority of my registered DL's are Sev's, followed by Ev's and the dormants are in the minority. Most of the plants are field grown, with a dozen or so around the house. I did loose a few older lilies last winter in one particular bed, but overall I've had crown rot cause more losses than winter hardiness issues.

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 12:46PM
Maryl zone 7a

I like that Jolly Good Yellow too. I hope someone tries it out. Below is a link to the Floyd Cove website.....Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Floyd Cove intros

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 3:45PM
uroboros5(Z5 Quebec)

Patterns Aplenty would be on my buy list... but I'm in Canada boohoo.

Bookmark   August 25, 2014 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
Clean up and beautify Garden Web!
You can add an extension to your browser for Firefox...
Brad KY
How do I delete photo before it is posted?
If you upload a photo from your computer to a post...
Julia NY
Blooms...I need blooms....Winter is too long!
Have to have a few just to get by Front area Then the...
organic_kitten
finally got into this forum,and have to learn how to do it
I had to really hunt to find this forum again and couldn't...
jean zone 8 Ar.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™